Hey folks,

We have a client who is trying to install the Outlook Connector. He is having some errors and I have run into the problem before but it's usually corrected itself. I'm going to copy and paste the problem and what we've tried so far:

I'm trying to install the ZCS Connector for Outlook on a new Vista laptop but it keeps generating an error at the end of the install process that states that the installer was interrupted before ZCS Connector for Outlook could be installed. I've tried several times to repeat the install, but I keep getting the same error message.

Replied with:
First, I would like you to go into your windows control panel and goto the "Add/Remove Programs" utility. Near the very bottom you should see ZCS Connector for Outlook. Click on that, then click the remove button to uninstall it. After that, restart your computer. When you start back up, log into our web portal or the Zimbra Admin console and download the Outlook Connector. Before you run the installer, make sure you have quit all other applications, especially Outlook. You could be receiving that error message because the Outlook Connector is trying to access a file that another program is already using.

After this, he is still getting the same error. This is the first time I've run into this on Vista, so I'm not sure if that is causing it or not. Any ideas?