Thread: Shared Calendars...Outlook -> Outlook

Default Shared Calendars...Outlook -> Outlook

Well, I can share calendars, my problem now is that once I "unshare" it(by right clicking Calendar > Properties > Sharing and removing the name), the user who received the share can still freely add appointments and the creator still gets the updates(they were an admin of the calendar originally), but can't receive any updates made by the calendar creator.

One would think if you removed someone from a share, they wouldn't be able to update things or even view the calendar at all. Obviously removing the calendar from the second account will solve this problem, but can we always trust our users to be diligent in following up on these things? There's no feasible way for an admin to watch these things and to be honest they shouldn't have to. This is only really an issue if someone was aiming to create problems, but I'd rather not get burnt like that.

Where can I find a functionality description of the Outlook Connector? I'd like to know what is supposed to work and how, but I cannot find much on the Wiki or forums.

Default Shared Calendars

This is a regression; you should not be able to see the calendar once the share has been revoked. I have filed this as bug 17001.

We have a little in-house document of sharing use cases. I'm in the process of adding a few things to it. I'll put this out, probably on the Wiki in the next day or two.

fbs