Thread: Wrong From Address

Default Wrong From Address

We're having a problem where some people are having the wrong email address inserted in their From field.

Little bit of background first:

Up until recently we had two mail domains within the company as we were switching things around:

domain.com

and

xyz.domain.com

Either would work at the time. We got things sorted out and now and we just have "domain.com". But some users are still having username@xyz.domain.com put as their From address. This typically only shows up with items in the Sent folder as our postfix is configured to strip off of the xyz when the mail is sent.

The only way I've found to fix it is to delete the .zdb file and resync the mail. I don't think its stored in the .zdb file because after resyncing, I can restore the original zdb file and the problem is still fixed.

Their account is configured correctly on the server

Does anyone know why this is happening or where Outlook would be getting the old entry from? I'd like to have an easier fix than resyncing the users mail if possible.

Thanks!

-Ken

this would be because of bug 17220

The account information (email address, display name, etc) are stored in the profile when the profile is created. If any of these change, the profile is not being updated to reflect the change.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::