Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connector crashing outlook2007

Default Connector crashing outlook2007

.. using an evaluation of the network edition...

zimbra basically works fine but I'm having an issue with the outlook connector. I'm using Outlook 2007 and initially manually set up Outlook to connect to our zimbra server - worked fine. I then tried installing ZimbraOlkConnector-4.5.5_GA_831_4.5.230.msi and then restarted Outlook and it now crashes every time on startup. Can't get into Outlook at all.

Do I need to uninstall the msi file, remove the manual connection and then reinstall the msi?
    A colleague with Outlook2003 also did a manual setup and then the msi file and got an initial crash but then it seemed to sort itself out

Robert

I dont think the 4.5 connector is working with outlook 2007 but I belive theres a 5.0 beta connector coming out soon that supports outlook 2007.

Default Outlook Connector and Outlook2007

This is true -- Outlook 2007 and 4.5 ZCO is not a supported configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by fsiegel View Post
    This is true -- Outlook 2007 and 4.5 ZCO is not a supported configuration.
    Do you happen to know when a connector will be released that supports outlook 2007? I know it soon Im just wondering if theres a date for the release yet.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Have a look at the product roadmap.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

The 4.5.4 connector does "work" with 2007

On the surface the 4.5.x connector will appear to work with outlook 2007 (and you'll have to jump through hoops to get it to work on Vista), but there are many bugs and unsupported features.

If you search bugzilla for FRANKLIN (5.0 release) bugs that are resolved/fixed/verified for the 'Outlook 2007' client, you'll find around 50 bugs, most of which are high priority and either critical or major bugs. Your best bet is to wait for the 5.0 connector beta (no date yet).

As for timing, getting a stable and functional connector that supports Outlook 2007 is very important to us as there are many of you out there interested in this functionality. This is absolutely one of our top items.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Hi, is the Outlook Connector v5 beta available? I have a couple of Windows XP SP2 where the connector started crashing when trying to launch Outlook 2007 yet continues to work fine on other workstations. Will the new connector work with Zimbra v4.5.5 NE? Thanks.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Only the OSS version is available for Beta at the moment.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I understand that this is a top priority for your dev team but honestly I think this needs to be resolved already. Why is there only a beta for OSS? Looking through the forums it's pretty clear that paying customers desperately need this functionality. Please release a Network Edition beta.