Thread: New Folders Not Showing in Outlook

Hybrid View

Default New Folders Not Showing in Outlook

Using Zimbra 4.5.4 and Outlook 2003 with Zimbra OLK connector 4.5.3 GA 731 4.5.168.

A user creates a new folder using the Zimbra web client, but the folder doesn't show up in MS Outlook using the connector. I haven't been able to find the option to subscribe folders since installing the connector--which I didn't think would be necessary if the connector is using MAPI.

Anyone know what that's about? Any easy way to force subscription to every folder automatically?

(I've been forced to give up trying to search this forum. Sorry, but I just won't use that image verification tool anymore. It's too hard to read, perhaps aggravated by my EXTREMELY COMMON color blindness.)

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by itmike View Post
    (I've been forced to give up trying to search this forum. Sorry, but I just won't use that image verification tool anymore. It's too hard to read, perhaps aggravated by my EXTREMELY COMMON color blindness.)
    You don't get the verification message if you're logged into the forums.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default New Folders Not Showing in Outlook

you should not have to subscribe to a folder to have it sync to outlook from the server. it should happen automatically unless it is a delegate situation. in that case, the user would need to have been granted the right ACLs for that folder before it will show up in outlook.
    i'm assuming that you are talking about the non-delegate scenario.
    do you have any ZCO logs where i could look at the sync request/response to figure out what is going on?
    you can also contact support and send them the logs.

This may be due to a bug in that version of the connector. Please upgrade to the latest version of the connector. Contact your admin or Zimbra support for the latest version.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Default How to get the latest Client?

Thanks, folks.

ALee: Can you suggest where to find that logfile you think should be looked at? Unfortunately, the user is in a remote office, so I can't work directly on the machine, but if I know the exact location I can probably have the user email it up to me.

To get the package, I have been downloading the Zimbra OLK connector from the Zimbra Admin web page. I thought that was where the version that's "compatible" with the current Zimbra build.

If we're only running Zimbra 4.5.4, can we still use the "latest" Zimbra OLK connector? And if so, how can I get it? We don't want to take the time to upgrade the "main" Zimbra installation every time a new version is released, but it might be useful to get new client connectors in place more frequently.

(PS to Phoenix: I get disco'd from the forums a lot, apparently, 'cause that image verification comes up for me a lot more often than it should. Not that it's necessarily any problem on your side, but it's a huge hassle for me. More vexing still, just because I've seen so many versions of image verification tools that aren't a problem for people with color deficiencies.)

Default How to get the latest Client?

sam is right. there was a bug regarding outlook not picking up the creation of folders from the server. if this is what you are seeing, it could be fixed if you upgrade the connector.

before log files are generated, you need to enable logging in the ZCO log control application. this application will be installed in the same folders as your MAPI provider DLLs. for my machine, the directory is:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033

please enable http logging also. the folder that you specify in this application will dictate where your logs go.

please contact support to get the latest version of the connector. support can also help you enabled and find your log files if you have any problems.