Thread: Outlook 2003 on Terminal Services not joyful...

Default Outlook 2003 on Terminal Services not joyful...

We're doing a large user migration from an existing Outlook/POP3 setup to an in-house managed Outlook/ZCS system. Individual desktops are working without an issue, but most users are on a Terminal Services cluster and it's just not much fun at all.

Did a fair amount of homework and found this in bug 9232:
    "For 4.5.x, you can set a reg key (HKCU\Software\Zimbra\ZimbraZDBFolder) that says where the zdb will go. You have to set this key prior to the creation of the profile. So either customize the installer, or after the install (but before you start outlook) you can edit/create the reg key. You cannot move an
    existing zdb."
    We did that registry change, but still no joy.

Background info:
    Sever is : Windows 2003 Terminal Server
    Already had Outlook 2002 setup for all users with existing profiles/pst files created.
    Just upgraded to Outlook 2003 to be compatible with Zimbra Connector.

This is what I have done so far.

1) Install Outlook 2003 under Administrator account on terminal server using install mode.
    2) Restart server.
    3) Install Zimbra Connector under Administrator account on terminal server using install mode.

At this point I can start up Outlook under the server administrator and the Zimbra Connector setup screen comes up. But if I try to log on under another user and start up Outlook the Zimbra Connector setup screen never prompts me to finish setup.

Additionally, I have tried to reinstall the Zimbra Connector under the current user account but it says that Connector is already installed.

This is a make-or-break situation... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by techrat View Post
    At this point I can start up Outlook under the server administrator and the Zimbra Connector setup screen comes up. But if I try to log on under another user and start up Outlook the Zimbra Connector setup screen never prompts me to finish setup.
    For other users you need to create outlook profiles with Zimbra Connector.

Automatically Outlook profile is created only for user under witch Zimbra Connector is installed.

Plus currently ZimbraZDBFolder is processed only for Roaming windows profiles.
    Regards
    Henry