Thread: Shared Calendar question, & saving settings.

Default Shared Calendar question, & saving settings.

Hi,

I got 3 questions:-

1. How can I share a calendar globally to the entire domain or to a certain group of people? I got students and staff, and I don't want to type in every userid to allow them to see my calendar.
    2. With respect to question one, can i share a domain-calendar on the admin login side rather on the user login side?
    3. Whenever I view the user preference and want to close it, it will ask me whether i want to save the settings. When I click "No" nothing happens. "Cancel" will not do for me cos clicking Mail or Calendar will prompt the same question.

I am using the latest Beta 3 on FC4.

Regards,

adrian

Quote Originally Posted by achow
    Hi,

I got 3 questions:-

1. How can I share a calendar globally to the entire domain or to a certain group of people? I got students and staff, and I don't want to type in every userid to allow them to see my calendar.
    2. With respect to question one, can i share a domain-calendar on the admin login side rather on the user login side?
    3. Whenever I view the user preference and want to close it, it will ask me whether i want to save the settings. When I click "No" nothing happens. "Cancel" will not do for me cos clicking Mail or Calendar will prompt the same question.

I am using the latest Beta 3 on FC4.

Regards,

adrian
    1) Create/publish a remote ics hosted calendar and then user's can add it as a remote cal to their account.

2) There is no support for this in the Admin UI but if you wanted to you can do this with the SOAP API.

3) I think this is a bug where it always thinks something has changed. Please try the next release.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.