Thread: Academic Pricing?

Hybrid View

Question Academic Pricing?

Any plans for academic pricing?

As in pretty hefty discounts! To be honest, $30/user/year is going to be a hard sell even if we just count staff, let alone students.

Pricing is a funny thing, though. I'm guessing that $30 is set to look good against exchange, and is not that different from Sun's regular JES pricing. The Sun academic rate is something like $2, and that's probably not a bad number. In general, though, the quality of the implementation or the features offered doesn't necessarily align well with what those holding the purse strings are prepared to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by ptribble
    Any plans for academic pricing?

As in pretty hefty discounts! To be honest, $30/user/year is going to be a hard sell even if we just count staff, let alone students.

Pricing is a funny thing, though. I'm guessing that $30 is set to look good against exchange, and is not that different from Sun's regular JES pricing. The Sun academic rate is something like $2, and that's probably not a bad number. In general, though, the quality of the implementation or the features offered doesn't necessarily align well with what those holding the purse strings are prepared to accept.
    Yes, we'll soon publish our Academic/HigherEd Pricing, which will include substantial discounts for faculty/staff and for students. We haven't settled yet on the exact pricing. If you have any further feedback we'd love to hear it, and you can also contact me at sales [at] zimbra.com. Thank you.

Default pricing?

I don't get it. What pricing? Is that for a fully supported version or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy
    I don't get it. What pricing? Is that for a fully supported version or something?
    Yes, it's for our commercially supported Network version, which is described in more detail here: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthr...zimbra+network