Thread: iZimbra and other phones

Default iZimbra and other phones

Hi all,

Firstly - nice news regarding iZimbra. Very quick work too! However, now my question - will iZimbra work with other Webkit phones such as the E61 (S60v3-based)?

Currently, Zimbra won't work in "Advanced" mode since my E61 chokes on the amount of javascript needed & bombs out of the E61 Web browser

TIA!

Hi-
    We haven't got to test it with other browsers. . but the goal is to be 100% standards complaint. Take from that what you will

Just like to add my 2 cents worth that this new interface will support S60v3 devices like my Nokia N95.

There are many S60 users out here waiting patiently for better integration with Zimbra and who are yawning long and hard over all the iphone hype (check out the N95 v iPhone vidoes on youtube if you feel like a laugh).

Is there a test site somewhere running the new interface which I could test using my N95? I'd be happy to report back on any issues (along with screen dumps using the 3rd party screen capture program available for S60 devices).

BTW, I haven't managed to get the N95's built-in IMAP client to work fully with Zimbra (open source version) - I can download a list of folders and headers from my inbox and other selected folders, but it time-outs when you click on an email to download it. This is via a WLAN connection and not using the 3G mobile connection. Any ideas?

Rgds - Angus

Default /ni

If you're running 4.5.6 or the 5.0 beta, try appending /ni to your username when logging in via your phone's IMAP client. I believe that your phone freaks out when IMAP IDLE is available, and that switch disables IDLE.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Yes, thanks dkarp - I worked this out earlier today with some help from jholder via a specific N95 thread - http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-...nokia-n95.html.

In summary, you need to have 4.5.6 and add the /ni switch after the domain part of the username; eg: username@domain.com/ni (this wasn't obvious from some of the available information).

As I wrote in the above post, while it is good to get this working, the IMAP idle functionality is a key feature for phones/handhelds as it would provide push email.

So I'm still very keen to test the new interface - is there a test site somewhere running the new interface which I could test using my N95? This would give me full access to my email, calender et al.