Thread: E61i and zimbra mobile Secure Connection Issue

Hybrid View

Default E61i and zimbra mobile Secure Connection Issue

Hi,

I installed zimbra network-edition trial-version and created some accounts for testing. I have successfully configured it and everything is working ( no rocket-science) thanx to zimbra install methods.

I am syncing my user zimbra to my E61i, currently on wifi, and it sync fine on plan-text ( insecure ) mode, I am using mail-for-exchange 1.6, the newest on my phone.

The problem is when I try using secure-connection the phone doesnt seem to find the server. I tested the secure connection with outlook and it works fine.

anyone has any clue.

The server has no-firewall running and its an opensuse 10 box, with zimbra 4.5.6

Any help would be appreciated.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

Have you followed the instructions on the wiki?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default betatester

Yeah, everything sync absolutely flawlessly to E61i when I do check the secure-connection to no. everything I mean the callender, the pushmail function, the contacts even.

As soon as I revert back to secure mode , there is nothing " could not connect to server"

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

More, rather obvious, questions but what mode is running (https or mixed) and what port did you change the phone to?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I had a very similar problem with my E61i at first. I soon discovered that the actual problem was the used SSL-Certificate of the server. Especially if you use a self-created one, you need to import the certificate into the phone.
    Everything worked well for me after I did so.

Quote Originally Posted by hannes View Post
    I had a very similar problem with my E61i at first. I soon discovered that the actual problem was the used SSL-Certificate of the server. Especially if you use a self-created one, you need to import the certificate into the phone.
    Everything worked well for me after I did so.
    Ok what ports are you using? and are you using Imap IDLE or mailforexchange? because IMAP in E61i does give me certificate errors, whereas mailforexchange simply doesnt connect.

I do have a selfsigned cert offcourse at this point in time.

Default beta tester

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    More, rather obvious, questions but what mode is running (https or mixed) and what port did you change the phone to?
    Well if by mode you mean the phone it has only two
    1: secure connection ( yes )
    2: secure connection ( no)

If you mean a ZCS mode thats altogether something I havent checked at all, for me the client works on mail server, and the admin-panel on https://myailserver.com:7071/

The SSL Certificate works in my outlook on the laptop for both IMAP, and SMTP access, with all the usuall messages that come with the selfsigned cert.

I have downloaded the certificate in my E61i, as that was something I thought was required, as pointed out in wiki.

Any clue what might be my mistake. I am sure its something to do with configurations.

regards and thanks