Thread: treo 700wx up-to-date notifications

Default treo 700wx up-to-date notifications

I have a treo that doesn't seem to do up to date notifications. It syncs ever so often on its own but doesn't always seem to sync as soon as it gets a new notification. The phone is set to sync messages as they arrive.

Is this a feature that works properly in Zimbra or am I just experiencing a weird problem?

It should work as long as your mobile carrier supports it. Zimbra server does support this feature.

I to am experiencing similar issues, with both a Sprint PPC-6700 device and with a T-mobile MDA. In both cases, push is very sporadic. The PPC is running WM5, the MDA is running WM6.

As a test of network availability, I installed an IMAP IDLE Client (flexmail), and configured it to the same account in the Zimbra server.

I am able to receive the IMAP idle push reliably, with only slight intermittency (usually in elevators, etc...), but this is not an issue when stationary at my desk or home.

With the Direct Push enabled, I seem to get bursts, and not always all of the messages that I have waiting in my inbox. The only way to clear this is to either configure the scheduled pulls, or to manually sync.

We have tried this against several versions of Zimbra, and have seen no change. Since this account is primarily used for a support queue (5 minute reply required!), sporadic receipt is obviously not a good thing.

Please let me know if I can provide any further details, as I too would like to have this reliable.

OK that's an interesting observation. If IMAP IDLE can work then push should also work. There's probably a bug here then. We'll investigate. Thanks for the details on your experiment.

I much appreciate the attention to this. Please let me know if there is anything I can contribute.