Thread: Treo 650 crashes when configured with ActiveSync account.

Default Treo 650 crashes when configured with ActiveSync account.

I configured an ActiveSync account on a Treo 650 with Versamail 3.5 non SSL. Everything went fine with the sync. I then installed the direct-push update, and after the next sync, the palm went into an endless reboot cycle.

I had to do a hard reset. I did not hotsync, in case there was a conflicting application. I updated to Versamail 3.5, installed the direct-push update, and set up the ActiveSync account again. After the sync, endless reboots again.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior, or have any idea what is going on? I can configure a direct push ActiveSync account to Exchange on this device without issue.

What is the server version? There are errors in the server log rwt your account?

Looks like this is definately not a zimbra issue. I am using t-mobile web GPRS access. The only direct ports I have access to are 25, 143, and 110. Everything else has to be directed through t-mobile's proxy.

I configured the exchange box with https access on port 110 as well as 443 to avoid going through the proxy. I had trouble changing zimbra's web port to 143 or 110, so i connected through the proxy.

Well, i tried ActiveSync to the exchange box on port 443 over the proxy and I had the same issue crash and continual rebooting with the PALM. Any ideas?

I'm still not sure why i was unable to change the web port on zimbra to 143 or 110. I moved POP and IMAP to different ports, of course, and everything seemed to go fine with the zmprov command. The port is definately listening (checked with telnet) but I am unable to access through activesync or even a web browser unless i change it back to 80 or just about anything else i set it to.

FYI, zimbra 4.5.9 network trial.