Thread: iPhone - iTunes - Outlook 2007

Hybrid View

Question iPhone - iTunes - Outlook 2007

Hey all,

I am having quite some trouble with synching between mobile and zimbra since a few days now. Time to ask for some help :-)

The problem is, that I cannot sync correctly between my Outlook 2007, Vista (connected via 5.01 Outlook Connector to my company zimbra server) and my iPhone through iTunes. I have all the relevant software installed, the iTunes AddIn is running and the iPhone set up for using Outlook as source for contacts and calendar.

• When I add an event to my iPhone calendar, it appears in Outlook 2007 (cool!)
    • When I add an event in Outlook 2007, it sometimes appear in the iPhone calendar
    • When I add multiple events in Outlook 2007 in addition, they never appear on the iPhone.
    • But when I delete the first working event in the synced place, the original disappears also.

So in the end, I am getting a partial sync sometimes ... how great it this ;-)

Reading all the boards and posts, I didn't really find any solution. I reinstalled iTunes, added a new Zimbra profile, imported all Zimbra settings again, but nothing helped.
    iTunes doesn't show any additional calenders, but I read that this is the regular case as only the main calendar gets used. On my desktop Outlook 2007 side, everything seems to be ok.

Our company Zimbra server is running 5.0.1 (at least). Actually the mobile web client works, so I am not sure whether that is 5.0.3 already? Anyhow the connector I am using is a 5.0.1 version.

Guys, I am really looking forward to all you great help. Maybe somebody else went through this before and knows the pill to take

Thanks in advance,
    JD

(and please feel welcome to ask for more details if needed)

Quote Originally Posted by jan.dubber View Post
    Hey all,

I am having quite some trouble with synching between mobile and zimbra since a few days now. Time to ask for some help :-)

The problem is, that I cannot sync correctly between my Outlook 2007, Vista (connected via 5.01 Outlook Connector to my company zimbra server) and my iPhone through iTunes. I have all the relevant software installed, the iTunes AddIn is running and the iPhone set up for using Outlook as source for contacts and calendar.

• When I add an event to my iPhone calendar, it appears in Outlook 2007 (cool!)
    • When I add an event in Outlook 2007, it sometimes appear in the iPhone calendar
    • When I add multiple events in Outlook 2007 in addition, they never appear on the iPhone.
    • But when I delete the first working event in the synced place, the original disappears also.

So in the end, I am getting a partial sync sometimes ... how great it this ;-)

Reading all the boards and posts, I didn't really find any solution. I reinstalled iTunes, added a new Zimbra profile, imported all Zimbra settings again, but nothing helped.
    iTunes doesn't show any additional calenders, but I read that this is the regular case as only the main calendar gets used. On my desktop Outlook 2007 side, everything seems to be ok.

Our company Zimbra server is running 5.0.1 (at least). Actually the mobile web client works, so I am not sure whether that is 5.0.3 already? Anyhow the connector I am using is a 5.0.1 version.

Guys, I am really looking forward to all you great help. Maybe somebody else went through this before and knows the pill to take

Thanks in advance,
    JD

(and please feel welcome to ask for more details if needed)
    can you try to hunt down a list of reproducible steps and generate some logs and send them to us? i know that we've had issues with iTunes in the past.

I second that problem...
    Zimbra server 5.0.2 NE
    oultook connector 5.0.2
    outlook 2007
    Windows vista
    and... an iPhone
    an initial sync correctly synced everything (even though contacts got duplicated somehow)
    calendar will sync appointments taken on iphone to outlook/zimbra (and will sync back coorrectly if i delete it on outlook, it will delete it from iphone)
    calendar will not sync appointment taken on outlook/zimbra to iphone

I am experiencing the same problem.

After setting outlook to sync with zimbra using zimbra connector, the calendar appointments created on outlook do not sync to iPhone calendar.

Same here, but with Outlook 2003.

NE 5.0.2
    Connector 5.0.2
    iTunes 7.6.1.9

I have the same configuration as the original poster, Outlook 2007 on Vista, but using the 5.0.2 connector.

The first sync took some work to make happen, as iTunes seemed to want to sync to the previous datastore in Outlook, but once I'd completely removed that, I got the contacts to go across. I can add a contact in either Zimbra, iPhone or Outlook, and it does end up in the right place after a sync.

I've not got calendars syncing at all yet, I need to play with this some more.

I'm a big fan of the iPhone, and of Zimbra, but I've never liked iTunes or Outlook, so it's annoying to need to use both of those to make my desktop contacts and calendars appear on my phone.

Once version 2 of the iPhone software is out, it seems we will be able to sync directly to Zimbra, cutting out the middle stages of iTunes-Outlook-Connector. I hope this works well.

Apple seem to be giving version 2 out to developers for testing, I wonder if anyone at Zimbra can get hold of one? The very first day 2.0 is available to the public, someone is going to try to set it up with Zimbra, so if it could be tested by professionals before then, it may be wise to do it.

In short (!) syncing to the iPhone seems possible, but unreliable. If you can wait a few months for the exchange compatible version of the iPhone firmware, then that would seem to be the best option.