Thread: Duplicate calendar entries

Default Duplicate calendar entries

One of my users called me today and said that she has duplicate calendar entries for everything. I haven't had a chance to personally look at it yet, but I told her to delete one of them.... she came back and told me that she tried and both entries got deleted??? My initial though was this was a sync issue from her phone (Treo 755p).

Any thoughts??
    Release 6.0.2_GA_1912.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition + Mobile Option
    Activesync with Moto Q9C, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pro, & Palm Pre

Well, the best way to investigate that issue is if you can provide the sync.log of the time when the duplication happened or the deletion happened. We have not heard of this issue. Thanks!

Default Duplicate Calendar

I witnessed a similar symptom today. The user showed a double entry for the calendar in the left pane of the Ajax client. Neither entry could be renamed or deleted and one was a duplicate of the other, thus creating duplicate entries in her calendar view if both calendars were checked. She closed her bowser, reopened the the browser and logged back in and the duplicate was gone.

maybe all these are ajax ui painting issues. next time when you see this, please reload browser. thanks!

I've had a couple more user calls on this same issue of duplicate entries since I originally reported it. Each time I've gotten around to logging on to their mailbox I've seen no duplicate entries. I've told my users now when this happens to just chill out, and it seems to fix itself. I still need to find out if they are seeing these duplicates on their phones, or when using the web client. Either way it seems to work itself out because I've yet to see it with my own eyes. I don't think my users are lying, just not sure what to think about it at this point.
    Release 6.0.2_GA_1912.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition + Mobile Option
    Activesync with Moto Q9C, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pro, & Palm Pre

I have similar problem. Calendar events are show duplicated, when user enables or disables display of some shared calendars. After moving one month back and forth, display is ok - duplicates are gone. To me it really seems as some ui painting issue, would someone please look at it?

We use release 6.0.13_GA_2918.FOSS 13.5.2011