Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iPhone, new firmware, and MS Activesync?

We've got several 2.0 (5A331) iPhones that we've set Zimbra (5.0.6) up on using the Exchange server settings.
    Sorry, had the same issue with the same configuration as atalerico, 5.0.6.

I'm running 5.0.7 now, but waiting on a support ticket (00026481) for my only remaining gripe...

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    If the server is not 5.0.7 or later, no need to try at all. We are serious about requiring 5.0.7
    My school is updating to 5.0.7 on Saturday (7/19). I'll let you know how the exchange settings work after I play around with it for a while.

I have been playing around with the Exchange settings turned on for about an hour. I think it works great but I have found one inconvenience. Calendar events that I created either with Outlook (via connector) or through the web app I am not able to edit/delete them on the iPhone. Events that I created on my phone can be edited/deleted. It that a Zimbra problem or an Apple problem?

EDIT: I filed a bug report for this (#30110)

I think this is an Apple problem, but when you open 'Contacts' does it take a few seconds before you are able to cycle through them?
    Last edited by atalerico; 07-19-2008 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atalerico View Post
    I have been playing around with the Exchange settings turned on for about an hour. I think it works great but I have found one inconvenience. Calendar events that I created either with Outlook (via connector) or through the web app I am not able to edit/delete them on the iPhone. Events that I created on my phone can be edited/deleted. It that a Zimbra problem or an Apple problem?
    This works for me. You can't edit meetings created by others, but meetings you added to your own calendar should be editable/deletable from iphone

I think this is an Apple problem, but when you open 'Contacts' does it take a few seconds before you are able to cycle through them?
    This is purely a device thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    This works for me. You can't edit meetings created by others, but meetings you added to your own calendar should be editable/deletable from iphone
    I spoke with the administrator and he helped me with it. I had plugged my email alias instead of my 'real email address.' I will resolve the bug as fixed. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

When I send email the name that shows up in the recipient's inbox is my email address not my name as listed on my account (and the GAL). I never had this problem with my old Windows Mobile 6 phone. Thanks