Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Synchronization or Sync to PDA

Default Synchronization or Sync to PDA

I'm assuming once you get a mapi.dll worked out the synchronization to a PDA could occur through Outlook. Until then is there a way to synch up to a Palm, PocketPC or RIM device?

Ed Meyer

For now, you can use the IMAP client on the device to access your mail.

The problem is not the email, it is getting the calendar and task list onto the PDA. We just now got the Zimbra server running so we're still learning how it all work. But I still wondered if there is/will be a conduit for ActiveSync or HotSync into the Zimbra backend. Its one of those things users are used to using and would be hard for us to take away now.

Once the mapi stuff is available, as you mentioned, you will be able to sync with your devices.

Default Synchronize with PDA

1) I recommend you retitle this thread (misspelled) so people can find it. It's a top priority requirement for most users

2) what does your note about "when the mapi stuff arrives" mean.
    MAPI is not there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by emagin
    1) I recommend you retitle this thread (misspelled) so people can find it. It's a top priority requirement for most users

2) what does your note about "when the mapi stuff arrives" mean.
    MAPI is not there yet?
    1) Done. Thanks.

2) Correct. Our Outlook MAPI provider is still in internal beta. When it's available we'll post a note to the forums and the website.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    1) Done. Thanks.

2) Correct. Our Outlook MAPI provider is still in internal beta. When it's available we'll post a note to the forums and the website.
    Can you give us an estimated date that this service will be available. As others have stated it is important as we could not move backwards and take this away from users that depend on it.

AC

Quote Originally Posted by EBS Networks
    Can you give us an estimated date that this service will be available. As others have stated it is important as we could not move backwards and take this away from users that depend on it.

AC
    Sorry can't really guess at this point. We'll be sure to let you know when it is available or when we have a better idea as to when.

Default Sync (Intellisync)

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Sorry can't really guess at this point. We'll be sure to let you know when it is available or when we have a better idea as to when.
    I've searched for information specifically mentioning Intellisync. I own (and love it) the Danger Hiptop II (SideKick II from T-Mobile in the US) and as they are only dealing with Intellisync for sync software, I would really like to know if you have plans to work with any particular vendors of sync software? I want to use the OSS version of Zimbra ZCS on Linux (mostly FC4) and be able to sync my SideKick to Zimbra. Any news or hints you have are appreciated.
    Cheers

Intellisync supports IMAP. So you can do that today. Our IMAP is very slick in that if you've got a connection you see changes with no delay. So it's true "push" mail. See this thread for more info around how well our IMAP server works in these cases.

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687