Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Synchronization or Sync to PDA

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NW Iowa
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Synchronization or Sync to PDA

    I'm assuming once you get a mapi.dll worked out the synchronization to a PDA could occur through Outlook. Until then is there a way to synch up to a Palm, PocketPC or RIM device?

    Ed Meyer

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    821
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    For now, you can use the IMAP client on the device to access your mail.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NW Iowa
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    The problem is not the email, it is getting the calendar and task list onto the PDA. We just now got the Zimbra server running so we're still learning how it all work. But I still wondered if there is/will be a conduit for ActiveSync or HotSync into the Zimbra backend. Its one of those things users are used to using and would be hard for us to take away now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    821
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Once the mapi stuff is available, as you mentioned, you will be able to sync with your devices.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Synchronize with PDA

    1) I recommend you retitle this thread (misspelled) so people can find it. It's a top priority requirement for most users

    2) what does your note about "when the mapi stuff arrives" mean.
    MAPI is not there yet?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emagin
    1) I recommend you retitle this thread (misspelled) so people can find it. It's a top priority requirement for most users

    2) what does your note about "when the mapi stuff arrives" mean.
    MAPI is not there yet?
    1) Done. Thanks.

    2) Correct. Our Outlook MAPI provider is still in internal beta. When it's available we'll post a note to the forums and the website.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    1) Done. Thanks.

    2) Correct. Our Outlook MAPI provider is still in internal beta. When it's available we'll post a note to the forums and the website.
    Can you give us an estimated date that this service will be available. As others have stated it is important as we could not move backwards and take this away from users that depend on it.

    AC

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EBS Networks
    Can you give us an estimated date that this service will be available. As others have stated it is important as we could not move backwards and take this away from users that depend on it.

    AC
    Sorry can't really guess at this point. We'll be sure to let you know when it is available or when we have a better idea as to when.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Sync (Intellisync)

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Sorry can't really guess at this point. We'll be sure to let you know when it is available or when we have a better idea as to when.
    I've searched for information specifically mentioning Intellisync. I own (and love it) the Danger Hiptop II (SideKick II from T-Mobile in the US) and as they are only dealing with Intellisync for sync software, I would really like to know if you have plans to work with any particular vendors of sync software? I want to use the OSS version of Zimbra ZCS on Linux (mostly FC4) and be able to sync my SideKick to Zimbra. Any news or hints you have are appreciated.
    Cheers

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Intellisync supports IMAP. So you can do that today. Our IMAP is very slick in that if you've got a connection you see changes with no delay. So it's true "push" mail. See this thread for more info around how well our IMAP server works in these cases.

    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687

Similar Threads

  1. Hangs on "Loading" screen
    By gbr in forum General Questions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 02:01 PM
  2. Zimbra Mobile fails with Java Exception
    By JasonChase in forum Zimbra Mobile
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
  3. Z-Mobile & Motorola Q - sync issues
    By dwill in forum Zimbra Mobile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 09:34 AM
  4. Confused on PDA sync.
    By jjprusk in forum Users
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 07:08 PM
  5. PDA Sync features?
    By dlesnick in forum Users
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2005, 03:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •