Thread: iPhone Calendar Appointment Issues!

Hybrid View

Lightbulb iPhone Calendar Appointment Issues!

Hi i'm Jazz from melbourne and we're testing Zimbra Hosted services from a Shared Hosting provider in melbourne. We were interested in Zimbra as we wish to provide our clients with a multi platform reliable alternative to MS Exchange. In our testing we had some issues with multiple contacts/calendar sync which got resolved with 5.0.9, but we're still experiencing some inconsistencies while creating appointments from our iPhone's.

When I add an appointment in outlook, it shows up fine on Outlook and iPhone. BUT, when I add an appointment from iPhone the following shows up on the outlook Event Description --

---------
    The following is a new meeting request: Subject: Test appointment Organiser: sync@techitez.com.au Location: Candy Bar Time: Friday, 22 August 2008, 10:00:00 - 11:00:00 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* this is a test appointment
    ---------

And any notes that we add to the description show up after the ~*~*~*~*~*~, but on the iPhone it shows normal !

Is there any way we can disable this feature ?

Kind Regards,
    Jazz Oberoi

The description block is created by iPhone.

Hi thanks for your reply,

Are other users getting the same behavior ? i believe i did not notice this behavior in 5.0.8. Could someone also confirm this behavior with Microsoft Exchange servers ?

And is this a bug, or a feature ? is there any way to disable this from happening ?

Kind Regards,
    Jazz Oberoi

bump, anyone see similar behaviour ? can we disable it ?

Kind Regards,
    Jazz Oberoi

I get the same behaviour. From memory, used to get it with Windows mobile as well. Have def' had it through the last few versions.

I notice the same thing with 5.0.9 zimbra (on stanford.edu) and 2.0.2 iphone. Really annoying. Please fix. I noticed that if you include a custom description, it erases this auto-generated trash.

From what jjzhuang has said it is automatically generated by the iPhone and not my Zimbra, hence it would be difficult for them to fix.

uxbod, i understood that. It's fine if they want to leave it like this because it "can't be fixed." Zimbra is probably the best thing to use with the iphone besides MobileMe, so why not make it the best it can be? What about detecting this string and deleting it? (Does anyone actually want this string to remain in the Notes??) I dont know all the details about CalDAV or ActiveSync, but maybe they could detect the client used to upload the appointment.
    I would hate for Zimbra to be satisfied with a less than perfect product when they have something so good.
    The error isnt too annoying, but it doesnt seem so unlikely that it COULDN'T be fixed.

I would recommend filing a RFE so the PM can see how feasible it would be.

Thanks. Added as 31234 in bugzilla.