Thread: iPhone Yay or Nay ?

Default iPhone Yay or Nay ?

Well my current contract has now come to the end so time to find a new phone. So how are people finding the iPhone ? Anybody in the UK using one ? How do you find OTA sync ? Before shelling out on a new contract would be great to get some feedback

Well after some reading I am just about to place a order for a Black 16GB iPhone Anything I should know before I do it ? I presume once it turns up I can just install the ZCS connector and away I go ? How does OTA sync work eg. do I require anything else apart from the iPhone and connector ?

Sorry I didnt see your post in time uxbox, we use those iphones here and everyone is very happy with them. For zimbra connectivity we just enable Zimbra Mobile on the relevent accounts and setup the exchange account on the iphone pointing at the Zimbra server. Works a treat (well, apart from the remaining things which dont work like GAL and other peoples shared calendars etc )

Cheers Dirk GAL I can live with but no shared calendars thats terrible Will see if there is a bug I can vote for.

Just now need to get iTunes running under Linux. Wine here I come; in more ways than one

Well it has been ordered now so fingers crossed Bugzilla hopefully here I don't come

@uxbod: There is a bug you can vote for: Bug 30950 – iphone: sync with shared contacts and calendars

This is for syncing shared calendar/contacts to mobile devices...

Well my nice shiny black 16GB iPhone has turned up Unfortunately CarPhoneWarehouse has messed up my activation so it has to be done manually now and could take 48 hours or more Was so hoping to test with Zimbra this weekend. Well at least I have a fancy phone for playing Solitaire!

you can still try over wifi in the meantime.

Very nice indeed Its quite fun to have the web client open, and then delete messages via your iPhone Come on lets get the shared calendars sorted and then its win win Great work on the integration.

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Its quite fun to have the web client open, and then delete messages via your iPhone
    Shedule something into a calendar other than your own and add yourself as an invitee, that's cool too. A popup message appears on the iphone and you can accept/deny the meeting right there, very nice.

The iphone is an awsome user interface achievement - all this stuff has been possible before, but not in such an easy to use an acceptable way. Cant wait for the extra functions to be supported.