iPhone Contact Sync/Merge
Is there way to have your contacts merge with the server when you first set up an iPhone using the contact sync for the first time?
In other words, I set up my phone and when it went to sync the contacts it notified me that my contacts on the phone would be erased.
How do I avoid them being erased?
EDIT: I found a way further down; I'm posting them here in the first message for simplicity.
* Using Itunes, back up the Iphone including contacts to Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or anything that can export as a CSV file.
* Verify your contacts are backed up. This is good anyway in case your phone is lost or broken.
* Export your contact list in your mail software that you just sync'd to. Export it as a CSV file.
* In Zimbra > Preferences > Address Book > Import/Export: locate the csv file and Import .CSV into Zimbra. If you import a new folder might be useful, name the folder whatever you wish.
* Verify Zimbra now has your new contacts.
* Then set up the exchange sync and let the contact sync overwrite your contacts.