Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Android and Zimbra

Quote Originally Posted by pmx View Post
    I cant speak for Lithorus, and don't know what rom version he is running, but I can confirm my HTC Hero (nordic ver) mostly works with Zimbra via the ActiveSync profile. When I say mostly I mean everything including address book, calendar and push mail is working -- apart from actually sending mail, which is kindof sucks. The mail get stuck in what seems to be a local folder called "Out" and never gets sent. On the server in sync.log it throws java.io.IOException: Unknown encoding: utf-8
    I've tested against both zcs 5.0.18 and 6.0.0
    You're right. I never got to sending emails on the phone (also nordic version btw.) but stuff like invitations works though, so I assumed that sending email would also.

Ok, guess we are in the same båt, so to speak.

FYI, the 6.0.1 upgrade did not fix this issue but their support promised us: "Support for the HTC Magic and onwards which use activesync software by HTC is only planned from ZCS 6.0.2."

... let's hope 6.0.1 is not too long-lived

While I'm waiting I've setup a second mail profile configured as IMAP (against the same zimbra acc) -- then I just have to remember changing outgoing profile when replying/sending mail. Not pretty, but works..

The bug report got resolved with "WORKSFORME"
    Bug 38854 – Support for HTC Magic (Running Android OS with ActiveSync support)

Just tested it with the new Hero (Nordic) firmware and still not able to send email.

Quote Originally Posted by lithorus View Post
    The bug report got resolved with "WORKSFORME"
    Bug 38854 – Support for HTC Magic (Running Android OS with ActiveSync support)

Just tested it with the new Hero (Nordic) firmware and still not able to send email.
    Please be careful. On HTC Magic there was a Firmware Bug, which - according to a friend of mine - had been solved at Firmeware 2.17.401.2. Anyone using a HTC Magic, do the upgrade. Bug 38854 is solved!

On HTC Hero, Activesync worked out of the box, but sending mails fails. pmx, I think you should file a new bug for this issue, since you seem to have the most details about this and according to you, this is not a firmware bug by HTC.

Quote Originally Posted by ylz View Post
    Please be careful. On HTC Magic there was a Firmware Bug, which - according to a friend of mine - had been solved at Firmeware 2.17.401.2. Anyone using a HTC Magic, do the upgrade. Bug 38854 is solved!

On HTC Hero, Activesync worked out of the box, but sending mails fails. pmx, I think you should file a new bug for this issue, since you seem to have the most details about this and according to you, this is not a firmware bug by HTC.
    You're right. It does seem to be different from the bug already filed. Will see if I can collect logs and file a new one.

Edit:
    Submitted now : Bug 41145 – Support for HTC Hero (Running Android OS with ActiveSync support)
    Last edited by lithorus; 09-19-2009 at 09:17 AM.

Thank you for filing the bug. I will add more details later on and vote for it. I got the same effect

Seems to be a bug in HTC's mail client. (or just "standard" MS stuff)

utf-8 doesn't seem to be a valid Content-Transfer-Encoding parameter according to the standard.

5. The Content-Transfer-Encoding Header Field

There is another unlucky typo:
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset= utf-8
    You realise the space after the equal sign?

But you are right, this bug report belongs to HTC not to Zimbra.

However I think it's better that Zimbra contacts HTC. Otherwise they will just say "it works with exchange".

Or make it work with buggy clients.

It really works with egg-changers? I do not have one handy to test.