Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry w/webclient

Red face Blackberry w/webclient

I have a Blackberry Curve that we're testing out with Zimbra. No BES server, or Zimbra Mobile yet. All I'm trying to do is use the Blackberry's web browser and bring up the webclient using the /m/ switch at the end. All I get is a blank screen. I've also tried it without any switch, still a blank screen.

I'm able to surf to other sites, so the web browser is ok.

Any tips here? It should work, right?

What happens if you append http://<zmhostname>/zimbra/m/mainx?ui=0 instead ?

Same results, blank screen. The pointer is stuck on the lefthand side of the screen. You can move it up/down, but not to the right.

The /m/ works fine on a Palm Treo we have.

Any other ideas? Thx!

I had the same problem with blackberrys when testing on a machine that was way under sys req. when I added more RAM the problem went away. The test machine now has 2GB of RAM.

Red face

Hmm. I have 4GB of RAM in our Zimbra server and it's powering our 80 users just fine, unless they try and use their BB to view their mail using the webclient /m/

Treos seem to be fine, just trying to figure out why BBs won't play nice with the webclient.

Thx!

hmm... maybe try changing the browser emulators in Browser Options > Browser Configuratin > Emulation Mode. I believe the defaut is Blackberry, but you can also chose from Openwave (WAP), Openwave Gateway, MSIE, MS Pocket IE, and Netscape.

My BB 8830 is set to Openwave (WAP)

If you go into the Options in the Browser > General Properties > Set the Default Browser to Internet Explorer that is what I had to do to make it work.
    Also make sure you have Java enabled this can sometimes break things.
    Eric J Lynner
    Dynamic Business Solutions

“Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.”
    – Donald Knuth

Red face

Good idea, I'm not a Blackberry person so I don't know all the rocks to look under.

I tried changing browsers as suggested, running through each one. I made sure the Java options were on (they were). I also tried using the /h/ option with each browser, so it's going just html. Still no go.

In the upper left hand, I can see: ?loginOp=relogin&cli...

Any other ideas? Thanks for the input so far.

So it looks like it is at least getting to the site its just having issues loading.................... What version of the Curve are you currently running? (if you dont know push the ALT + ^aA(caps) + the H button, and this will bring you to the info menu.
    Eric J Lynner
    Dynamic Business Solutions

“Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.”
    – Donald Knuth

I'm also experiencing this issue with my CEO's Blackberry Pearl. He wanted the web client for the ability to search his entire Inbox, which I don't believe is possible using Blackberry's functionality (is it?)

The page is loading but not rendering for me as well. I've tried MS Pocket IE emulation but same result.
    Entropy does not require maintenance.