Thread: Pushing External Account Emails?

Default Pushing External Account Emails?

Hi, I wasn't able to find the answer to this after some search. I just have a simple question.

Does the "Push" email work for external accounts as well? I was not able to get this to work on the demo account. It only synchronizes the folder after I press "Get External Mail" on the web interface and then go manually check mail on my iphone.

I know "Push email" works for the primary zimbra server account. However, I will have a hotmail and gmail account added as external accounts. Will emails from these external accounts be pushed to my phone as well?

-Simon

Welcome to the forums

As long as they end up in your normal Inbox then they should be syncronised to your iPhone. I believe you would need to create a filter that when they land in your external account within ZCS they are then moved to your ZCS inbox.

^thanks for the reply.

So in short, it doesn't Push external accounts. It only pushes the Inbox of the primary zimbra account. I guess it's no big deal to forward the external emails to the Inbox. I will give it a try.
    Last edited by simon_pp; 02-02-2009 at 01:21 AM.

Yep, the same goes for any other folder under the normal Inbox aswell. This appears to be how ActiveSync works with Zimbra.

One problem I am having is that it seems that my new emails for my external account (gmail) does not show up until I press the button "Get External Mail". Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Welcome to the forums

As long as they end up in your normal Inbox then they should be syncronised to your iPhone. I believe you would need to create a filter that when they land in your external account within ZCS they are then moved to your ZCS inbox.
    It is not possible to apply filters for messages addressed to any external account.
    The corresponding feature request was created in Bugzilla: Bug 30831 – Mail filter not applied to External Accounts
    Last edited by chalex; 08-16-2010 at 05:18 AM.