Thread: How to sync with nokia e71

Default How to sync with nokia e71

Is there anyone who can help me set up sync between my new Nokia e71 and Zimbra open source server?
    Any ideas most welcome

Search the forums for funambol

Default ZCS 5 and Nokia e71 Mail for Exchnage

Hello guys,
    I have try to configure Mail for Exchange on Nokia e71 and end up with the following error

Time: 7:33PM
    Change Profile > Connection > Secure Connection to yes.

I already have there yes but still getting same error.
    We are using self singed certificate and I have followed this instructions to install a certificate on a device
    http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...SL_Certificate
    as well as this to configure the device
    http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Nokia_E61

Can any one please help to get it to work? because I'm about to go Back to make every one to go back to Exchange 2007

Also should i get the communication SSL certificate from comodo and install it on zimbra server? would it help?

Wink

Hi,
    I don't think I can help you with your problem, but I can describe what worked for me: using Zimbra Network Edition (as far as I know in the Open Source version it is not possible to enable mobile support). So you need Zimbra licenses.

I installed Zimbra with a self-signed certificate first but then went for a cheap certificate bought at godaddy.com because the self-signed certificates are annoying in the browsers...

Tried syncing with E71 only last week. It was only adding the Zimbra server in the mail for exchange application and it worked perfectly!

No, you don't want to go back to exchange 2007

-Bernhard

Default Mail for exchange

Quote Originally Posted by christfort View Post
    Is there anyone who can help me set up sync between my new Nokia e71 and Zimbra open source server?
    Any ideas most welcome
    I don't think there is support for push-mail from zimbra open source...you need a license....Nokia offers a free mail for exchange, and it works perfectly with zimbra if you are a licensed zimbra-user...
    Check it out here.

hi,

I've been struggling with my brandnew E71 (which replaced my E61 that I used with M4E for a while) for more than a day. I could not get my contacts to sync properly. The phone would flunk and blame the server by way of an error message. I had this with the MailForExchange(2.9.158)_S60_3_1_hs.SISX that I downloaded from nokia.com.

Fortunately my colleague still had an older version. After I removed the 2.9 and installed this one, I was able to utilize M4E again. The imagename that does work for me is: MailForExchange(2.7.0)_S60_3_1.SISX

Frans

Quote Originally Posted by franst View Post
    hi,

I've been struggling with my brandnew E71 (which replaced my E61 that I used with M4E for a while) for more than a day. I could not get my contacts to sync properly. The phone would flunk and blame the server by way of an error message. I had this with the MailForExchange(2.9.158)_S60_3_1_hs.SISX that I downloaded from nokia.com.

Fortunately my colleague still had an older version. After I removed the 2.9 and installed this one, I was able to utilize M4E again. The imagename that does work for me is: MailForExchange(2.7.0)_S60_3_1.SISX

Frans

Ok, so i have tried and tried to get my email to sync to my E71. With the software the phone came with, i can get notifications that i got and email and i can read them fine. same with the attatchements. my problem is trying to send emails, it just won't.

i have tried the above methods with M4E. i can install the 2.9 but it won't connect. then i tried to install (after unistalling 2.9) M4E 2.7. and it won't install.

what the hell am i doing wrong
    any help would be great

thanks,
    ian