Thread: [SOLVED] Can't sync contacts with Nokia devices! - urgent

Hybrid View

Default [SOLVED] Can't sync contacts with Nokia devices! - urgent

We can't sync his contacts with Nokia e71 neither Nokia e65. I guess it doesn't work with other nokia devices also.
    Calendar and e-mail syncs fine, but when contacts sync starts a "system error" is shown on mail for exchange (last version installed on both devices, tried with older versions also, so it's not MFE problem). This was used to work till now. Tried on 2 different servers with different accounts, the same error happens. What can it be?

Analysing sync.log no error is found.

zcs-NETWORK-5.0.15_GA_2852.RHEL4.20090310161637 is installed on both environments I tested.

Same behaviour against a server with zcs-NETWORK-5.0.15_GA_2851.UBUNTU8.20090310180525

I noticied that if there are no contacts on server it syncs them from the phone to the server ok! If there are contacts on server and none on phone it fails the sync!

Sometimes sync hangs on calendar sync also.

I can confirm that Contacts do not sync between Nokia E66 (using latest Mail for Exchange) and ZCS 5.0.9 NE.

Also have this problem, any workarounds?

5.0.16 Network Edition solved my problems. Seemed to be an issue with recent nokia client versions

Default N97 + Ne 5.0.18

Hi,

I confirm that the Mfe problems on the Nokia N97 was also fixed by upgrading Zimbra from 5.0.10 to 5.0.18.

-Carl

Default Other solution than Zimbra CS NE upgrade ?

Hello !

Since I upgraded my Nokia E71 firmware from v. 200.21.118 to v. 300.21.012 a few weeks ago, I lost contacts sync. with the Zimbra server.
    I tried to switch back to a MfE older version (2.09 to 2.07), to no avail.
    For a while, after having restaured the contacts saved on a PC with Nokia PC Suite to the phone, I was able to add contacts in the phone that were sync. to the Zimbra server, but the opposite procedure was never possible. I also have an "system error" at each sync. in the MfE panel when it comes to contacts.
    I have also tried to reset the phone contacts' list to try an initial "clean' sync., without any success. Furthermore, the phone won't send any new contacts added to the Zimbra server any longer.
    I think I tried every settings possible in MfE about the order of priority for the sync. between the phone and the server. It just won't work !

My ZCS NE is corporate, so I can't demand an upgrade to a newer version. Is there a known workaround ? Would a third party software (like Roadsync) be a solution ?

Thanks in advance for your help !