Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: iPhone 3.0 and CalDAV

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    304
    Rep Power
    6

    Default iPhone 3.0 and CalDAV

    Hi,

    iPhone 3.0 is brand new and I'm not sure Zimbra is causing this strange behavior.

    When I use the webclient I can see my calendar and all shared ones.
    With iCal on my desktop I have the same situation.

    However, with my iPhone and a CalDAV account, I can see all calendars but the shared ones are empty. I can add new items in them though.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    It's working for me. Setup took a couple of tries though.

    On the iPhone under OS 3.0, I Clicked on the Settings icon, Selected Mail,Contacts,Calendars->Add Account->Other->Add CalDAV Account.

    I put in mail.myzimbraservername.com, user@myzimbraservername.com, the password for the account. I did not change the automatic name it put in. It gave an error that SSL was not working, do you want to setup non-ssl? I checked yes (Strange since it is SSL on my Zimbra server) I clicked Advanced, and clicked on the Account URL and took out the :8008 it put in as a port in the url, and changed http to https. This automatically changed the ssl port to 443 and turned it on on the top of the page. I clicked next and it checked and passed the account. Calendars worked!

    Checking the account after setup, My url ended up being https://mail.myzimbraservername.com:...servername.com

    Note: On the main calendar on the iPhone, if you click on the Calendars (tab) at the top it goes back a page and allows you to select the calendar or calendars to view and use.

    My Zimbra server is 5.0.16 Open Source, setup with https

    - Rob
    Last edited by rhostager; 06-17-2009 at 04:41 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhostager View Post
    It's working for me. Setup took a couple of tries though.

    On the iPhone under OS 3.0, I Clicked on the Settings icon, Selected Mail,Contacts,Calendars->Add Account->Other->Add CalDAV Account.

    I put in mail.myzimbraservername.com, user@myzimbraservername.com, the password for the account. I did not change the automatic name it put in. It gave an error that SSL was not working, do you want to setup non-ssl? I checked yes (Strange since it is SSL on my Zimbra server) I clicked Advanced, and clicked on the Account URL and took out the :8008 it put in as a port in the url, and changed http to https. This automatically changed the ssl port to 443 and turned it on on the top of the page. I clicked next and it checked and passed the account. Calendars worked!

    Checking the account after setup, My url ended up being https://mail.myzimbraservername.com:...servername.com

    Note: On the main calendar on the iPhone, if you click on the Calendars (tab) at the top it goes back a page and allows you to select the calendar or calendars to view and use.

    My Zimbra server is 5.0.16 Open Source, setup with https

    - Rob
    I have just tested your handling but doesn't work ? "error that SSL was not working, do you want to setup non-ssl?"
    Do you have a suggestion ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England.
    Posts
    927
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Works for me. I notice that connecting to your calendar in this way gives access to shared calendars. So other people appointments that I have access to see, now show in the iphone in the way that they dont with exchange intergration.

    I'm tempted to shut off the calendar syncing in the exchange settings on the iphone and use caldav for the calendar instead. Need to do some testing first though.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    304
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhostager View Post
    It's working for me. Setup took a couple of tries though.
    - Rob
    I needed some tries too but what about calendars from other users where you have access to? They show up on my iPhone empty. First I thought this looks like a permission problem. But since I can add items and those items show up in Zimbra webclient I have read/write access to the shared calendar.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Weird Bug - Sync issue with iPhone

    Not sure if this is a Zimbra bug or an iPhone bug or what, see if someone else with this setup can recreate it.

    I use a PC at work, with Outlook with ZCO.
    I use a Mac at home, with iSync.
    I have an iPhone with 3.0 firmware and Caldev.

    If I create an event in Outlook, it syncs to Zimbra correctly, but when it syncs to the iPhone, it will have some crazy end date, in 2145 or something like that.

    If I create the event in iCal or Zimbra it syncs to the iPhone without trouble.

    Is that crazy?!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanSeals View Post
    Not sure if this is a Zimbra bug or an iPhone bug or what, see if someone else with this setup can recreate it.

    I use a PC at work, with Outlook with ZCO.
    I use a Mac at home, with iSync.
    I have an iPhone with 3.0 firmware and Caldev.

    If I create an event in Outlook, it syncs to Zimbra correctly, but when it syncs to the iPhone, it will have some crazy end date, in 2145 or something like that.

    If I create the event in iCal or Zimbra it syncs to the iPhone without trouble.

    Is that crazy?!

    I also ran into this issue. Not sure what is causing it. If you find anything let me know Thanks! I will keep looking as well
    Eric J Lynner
    Dynamic Business Solutions

    “Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.”
    – Donald Knuth

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanSeals View Post
    Not sure if this is a Zimbra bug or an iPhone bug or what, see if someone else with this setup can recreate it.

    I use a PC at work, with Outlook with ZCO.
    I use a Mac at home, with iSync.
    I have an iPhone with 3.0 firmware and Caldev.

    If I create an event in Outlook, it syncs to Zimbra correctly, but when it syncs to the iPhone, it will have some crazy end date, in 2145 or something like that.

    If I create the event in iCal or Zimbra it syncs to the iPhone without trouble.

    Is that crazy?!
    I'm having the same issue.

    iPhone 3G with newly installed 3.0 software
    iCal on my macbook that doesn't have caldav set up, but rather shows the calendars that iSync has. Thinking about it a bit more, I don't really know how it's synchronizing with Zimbra. I did have the zimbra connector going a while ago but I disabled that long ago.
    iSync / Mobileme synchronizing calendars on my macbook and my iPhone.

    ... and you know, now that I'm typing this and thinking about it a little bit more, I was using the zimbra connector to update my zimbra calendar with my macbook; and mobileme was keeping the macbook and iphone sync'd. I found this thread:
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/isync-c...connector.html

    I deleted everything that it said there, but it's too late for me to try to set caldav up on my iphone right now. I'll do it tomorrow. I have a feeling that it has something to do with the zimbra connector and iSync.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    304
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanSeals View Post
    If I create an event in Outlook, it syncs to Zimbra correctly, but when it syncs to the iPhone, it will have some crazy end date, in 2145 or something like that.

    If I create the event in iCal or Zimbra it syncs to the iPhone without trouble.
    My guess: M$

    I can't test this because I never use Microsoft software.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tripple View Post
    My guess: M$

    I can't test this because I never use Microsoft software.
    I know its not M$ since when I did the syncing with CalDav I had the same issue and those appointments were all made in Zimbra
    Eric J Lynner
    Dynamic Business Solutions

    “Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.”
    – Donald Knuth

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone CalDAV
    By ewilen in forum CalDAV / CardDAV / iSync
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 09:59 PM
  2. Zimbra CalDAV with MobileMe
    By atomix in forum CalDAV / CardDAV / iSync
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2009, 07:47 AM
  3. Adding and changing appointments on iPhone with CalDAV connector
    By ylz in forum CalDAV / CardDAV / iSync
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 01:02 PM
  4. Leopard CalDAV only? I hope not!
    By singerkd in forum CalDAV / CardDAV / iSync
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 12:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •