Thread: ActiveSync feature of the Zimbra and iPhone

Hybrid View

Default ActiveSync feature of the Zimbra and iPhone

Hello!

I was allowed to use the ActiveSync feature of the Zimbra in our corporation. So i went through the configuration on the iPhone (original, pre 3G with firmware 3.0) and received the following:

All my e-mails
    My private calendar
    My own contacts, including "sent to" contacts
    Other contacts with their e-mail addresses

What I'm missing is my other calendar which is available in the Web UI (it's a shared one), and all the info in a Contact such as phone numbers

I "complained" to my boss who has all this on his iPhone and he showed me the config on his iPhone (a 3G with firmware 3.0) and it looks strikingly similar. The only difference is that he has the Domain field filled with the domain of our company. I originally left it empty as the iPhone claims it's optional. When I fill it in I'm always told that my password would be incorrect. which is not true because as soon as I delete the Domain from the iPhone's config the very same password is accepted again.

Does all this sound familiar to anyone? Sorry I didn't give you the version of our Zimbra but I simply don't know it.

Thanks for any help!

-----------------------------------------------
    Eliran Hadar,
    Need a Photoshop work? you can contact me at:
    e0542797200@gmail.com

International calls from mobile

I've got an iPod touch 1st generation currently running iPhone 3.1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by eliranh55 View Post
    All my e-mails
    My private calendar
    I get these also with that config.
    My own contacts, including "sent to" contacts
    Other contacts with their e-mail addresses
    My "Emailed Contacts"in Zimbra Web Client do not show up in my iPhone Contacts.

What I'm missing is my other calendar which is available in the Web UI (it's a shared one), and all the info in a Contact such as phone numbers
    Calendars belonging to other users which have been shared to you aren't available via ActiveSync. See Bug 30950 – iphone: sync with shared contacts and calendars

What you can do is access shared calendars either through CalDAV in iPhone 3.x (but you may run into the "year 2145" bug, not sure if it's been fixed in iPhone 3.1) or through a web URL, i.e., http(s)://server/home/email_address/calendar_name.html. You can make your life easier after first access by bookmarking it of course.

I think I may have experienced loss of Contact details in the past but I haven't delved into it or tried to locate bugzilla report for it.

I "complained" to my boss who has all this on his iPhone and he showed me the config on his iPhone (a 3G with firmware 3.0) and it looks strikingly similar. The only difference is that he has the Domain field filled with the domain of our company. I originally left it empty as the iPhone claims it's optional. When I fill it in I'm always told that my password would be incorrect. which is not true because as soon as I delete the Domain from the iPhone's config the very same password is accepted again.
    This last bit doesn't sound familiar at all, sorry.