Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sync support for Android 2.0? (ie Verizon Droid)

No, because the Open Source Edition doesn't do ActiveSync.

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    Bug 18608 – Support for Windows Mobile 6 (WM6) HTML mail

even though the bug says WM6 it's probably more of an actievsync thing and will resolve both WM and android when ti's fixed.
    I dunno about that - HTML mails display fine on my iPhone with Zimbra mobile.
    http://www.solutionsfirst.com.au/hosting/zimbra/
    Australia's premier Zimbra Hosting Partner
    Resellers wanted!

OK, so I bought a Motorola Droid this weekend. I setup the Corp Email to my Zimbra servers. All my contacts synced, my calendar synced, and my email synced.

However, there is an issue. It seems that only the first part of each message is being synced down, essentially one screen full (as displayed on the droid). None of the rest comes down.

Now, I forwarded the same message with an attachment to my ZImbra and Gmail account. I got the full message in Gmail, and only the partial from my Zimbra account.

I'm assuming this is some sort of sync issue. Not sure where to go to investigate more.

I'm seeing the same thing with only partial messages. Same thing will happen on windows mobile if you select to only receive the first portion of a message (to save on data costs presumably). You set that up under activesync on wm. I poked all around and couldn't find a place to change that on android 2.0. wm also gives you the option when viewing a partially downloaded message to get the rest of that message. That option also seems to be missing.

with windows mobile/activesync it behaves like that. it downloads the first bit of a message, then has a "download entire message" hyperlink at the bottom. perhaps thats just an option somewhere?

Not seeing any link or option to adjust size. It just stops after about 1 screen of text, and it the attachments are small. I cannot find any options to tweak it either.

So what I did is turned off EMAIL sync. I then setup a new account as IMAP, under an aliased login. IMAP gets all the information. So I use the activesync for calendar and contacts, and the IMAP for mail at this point.

you guys might watn to start a bug i know hteres already one about the htc hero here

Bug 41145 – Support for HTC Hero (Running Android OS with ActiveSync support)

perahps someone in the mobile team will pickup a droid. hopefully this works by the time verizon enables tethering on it since this might be my next phone

Hi tecnalb,

I am right there with you. Having the same issue and tried the same work around. You can receive email this way, but unfortunately Android does not support .ics file formats. So.... there is no way to accept calendar invites on the Android with this Zimbra bug.

I am hoping someone logs the bug. I have moved to a hosted instance of Zimbra, and do not have access to the Zimbra Server to provide any log files or server side info...

Hoping this is fixed soon...

I can understand why Zimbra support for Android has been slow to date with with Android 1.x no having official Activesysnc support and only third party options. Now that Android 2.0 has OS level support for Exchange, let's hope that Zimbra jumps on this as they did with the iPhone platform once EAS was added.

I'd like to see support so my users will have this option. So I filed an RFE: Bug 42482 – Support Active Sync with Motorola Droid/Android 2.0

Please vote/comment to show your interest.