Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sync support for Android 2.0? (ie Verizon Droid)

Exclamation

Bump...+ I have voted in the bug list please support soon in 6.0.3 this feature Zimbra..

Quote Originally Posted by tecnalb View Post
    OK, so I bought a Motorola Droid this weekend. I setup the Corp Email to my Zimbra servers. All my contacts synced, my calendar synced, and my email synced.

However, there is an issue. It seems that only the first part of each message is being synced down, essentially one screen full (as displayed on the droid). None of the rest comes down.
    Are HTML emails displaying correctly in HTML or plain text only?

The ones I D/L via IMAP seem to display well. Its a very cool device. Has much more functionality than my BB ever had. And it's FAST!

What about via activesysnc? Does those emails display correctly in HTML? With the emulator they did not.

Quote Originally Posted by robertcl View Post
    What about via activesysnc? Does those emails display correctly in HTML? With the emulator they did not.
    The ExchangeSync is broke, so NO, they don't display.

That is why I logged this thread. ExhchangeSync truncates the message so therefor the HTML messages are NOT COMPLETE and don't display

Default Vote

Well hopefully everyone interested in support for Android 2.0 will vote for the bug below and Zimbra will address the issues promptly.
    Support Active Sync with Motorola Droid/Android 2.0

Default ActiveSync and the Droid

So, I too just got a Droid and am being met with mixed success as far as it talking to our corporate Zimbra server. Partial emails and no "click here to download rest of message" functionality, etc.. But, overall it's working pretty well, I get emails rapidly, I can send/reply, view calendar entries, etc..

Anyway, just wanted to add to this conversation, since it didn't appear to have been mentioned previously. Calendar event creation. If I setup a new one on the phone it is on my calendar immediately and looks to be correct. Invites to other participants however result in a null email which the Zimbra web client recognizes as a calendar-related email but there is no accept/decline buttons present.

Part of the headers of one of the invitation emails:

Message-Id: <cm65ar5m2ba3e36uoq2u597k.1258051984395@email.moto rola.com>
    Content-Type: text/calendar; charset=utf-8; method=REQUEST
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    X-Mailer: Zimbra 6.0.2_GA_1912.RHEL5_64 (MobileSync - Moto-Android/0.1)

What follows that is about 20 lines of Base64 encoded text.

Oh and as an interesting aside, I've looked at headers of a few emails from the phone and it appears the Message-ID: references email.motorola.com on calendar generated ones and email.android.com on just regular emails.

According to some leaked documents posted to phandroid.com earlier this month, most of these are known Droid bugs. Two rounds of OS updates are expected, Dec 11 and Jan 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Graves View Post
    According to some leaked documents posted to phandroid.com earlier this month, most of these are known Droid bugs. Two rounds of OS updates are expected, Dec 11 and Jan 22.
    As I read that document none of it address the problem of truncated messages -- which is what the above referenced bug seeks to correct, and based on the (apparently deleted) technical content in that bug was clearly a problem with Zimbra.

Does anyone understand if fixing this problem would actually address/fix the apparent problem with not getting an option to download the remainder of a partially downloaded message?

Default Sync hanging???

Unfortunately, I am not able to sync at all...

This thread at least proves to me that it is possible, but my droid is just hanging and will not sync. I successfully put in all the account/server details but it never completes the sync.

Does any of this look incorrect to anyone who has successfully sync'ed?

1. Add "corporate" account
    2. enter my email address and password on first screen
    3. next screen, under "domain\username", i put mydomain.com\myemailaddress.com, enter my password and leave the field for "exchange server" as my domain (domain.com)
    4. I uncheck "Use secure connection (SSL)"
    5. Click next, choose checking frequency options, etc and click next
    6. The Droid then tells me "Your account is set up and email is on the way!"

Unfortunately, the emails (or calendar items or contact) never show up. If I click on the email icon and the account I've created, I just see a blank screen with a small spinning circle in the upper right corner. It looks like its trying to sync but I left it for 10 hours and it still just had that spinning circle.

Anybody have any idea what the problem is? Anyone have their setting different? I love the phone so far but this is frustrating