Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sync support for Android 2.0? (ie Verizon Droid)

Quote Originally Posted by Matuscak View Post
    We just got a Droid Incredible in yesterday and connected it to Zimbra with Active Synce. So far, it all seems to be working OK.
    @Matuscak
    Have a week old incredible - running Zimbra 6.0.4 (from reseller) - activesync works in every single way beautifully EXCEPT, cannot send an email, hangs in Out folder?? Sounds like yours worked right out of the box. Mobile is setup by our provider (as in on the server to allow sync, etc...) - can you please share your Zimbra version, and anything else??

In Activesync setup I do NOT have the domain filled in per instructions from our Zimbra provider.

Anyone else w/ ideas on this?? I am stumped. Thanks - really appreciate any feedback.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by charliecoyote View Post
    In Activesync setup I do NOT have the domain filled in per instructions from our Zimbra provider.
    Is there any particular reason you haven't followed those instructions from your provider? You really should work with them to resolve your problems.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi,

For those of you interested in syncing their contacts natively with Zimbra on their Android phone, you can check this : http://www.zimbra.com/forums/mobilit...c-android.html
    Currently, only contacts are synced and this application is restricted to Android >= 2.x but it works with Zimbra Open Source Edition and can sync any address book, even shared ones.
    LEZARD VISUEL
    Walid Moghrabi
    www : http://www.lezard-visuel.com

LVSync - Sync your Zimbra's contacts, calendars and tasks on Android without the need of ActiveSync !

Hi Matuscak, I have an HTC INcredible, I cannot get mine to send at all, I tried with /username as well!!

Any ideas??

Default @ phoenix

I HAVE worked with my provider and they are at a loss as well - as noted in my comments I DID follow their instructions to a "t" which said to NOT include the domain name. Currently, I have no where else to go w/ this issue - Verizon tech support is clueless, HTC, etc... - do a google search for "incredible activesync zimbra" - you'll see many others that cannot SEND email using activesync on the incredible when they run Zimbra email w/ their company. However, it appears some can, and for the life of me cannot figure out the differences. Could be server settings.........???

The Touchdown (search droid apps market "touchdown") app was suggested and that can work - I simply want to use the native apps on the phone as it makes my interaction with the device easier and faster.

So, here I am.

Default HTC Incredible Active Sync

Well, Where im at now is, I am using the native client to receive, and I am using Touchdown to send.

I guess eventually HTC will figure this out!! I hope!!!
    LOL