Thread: CalDAV iPhone 3g 3.1 meeting reminders always on

Question CalDAV iPhone 3g 3.1 meeting reminders always on

I have tested both CalDAV and Subscribed calendar accounts and received different experiences in regards to reminders and mounted calendars.

CalDAV gives a "read only view" with updates to whatever calendar accounts we have mounted on the Zimbra web client. With CalDAV, I receive meeting reminders from calendars that I subscribe to along with my own. A co-worker tested this on his iPhone and had the same results.

Here is the URL we use for CalDAV account:
    https://servername:443/pericipals/users/username@.edu

Subscribed calendars account are "read only" as well, and they work fine because there is an option to turn off meeting reminders in each account. Subscribed calendars do require that you setup each individual calendar account while CalDAV simply imports the same calendars that one has mounted on the web client.

Here is the URL we use for Subscribed calendar accounts:
    Servername.edu/home/users/username@.edu/Calendar

Has any one with iPhone 3.x using CalDAV had this issue or is there something I am missing ? I am not the server admin and working with CalDAV and Subscribed is new to me. Is this normal behavior for CalDAV and iPhone?

My goal is trying to get the mounted calendar functionality of CalDAV and the ability to disable reminders like in Subscribed calendars, all in one package. The CalDAV account would be great if we could disable the meeting reminders on mounted calendars like with Subscribed calendars.

Zimbra Version 5.0.19
    iPhone OS 3.1.2

Thank you,

Reptile

Default Path to a specific zimbra calendar on iphone

Quote Originally Posted by reptile View Post

Has any one with iPhone 3.x using CalDAV had this issue or is there something I am missing ? I am not the server admin and working with CalDAV and Subscribed is new to me. Is this normal behavior for CalDAV and iPhone?

My goal is trying to get the mounted calendar functionality of CalDAV and the ability to disable reminders like in Subscribed calendars, all in one package. The CalDAV account would be great if we could disable the meeting reminders on mounted calendars like with Subscribed calendars.

Zimbra Version 5.0.19
    iPhone OS 3.1.2
    I have the same set up and the same exact problem. It's very frustrating.

The other problem with having others' zimbra calendars on my iphone is that I can't look at an all calendar view that has my iCal/MobileMe calendars because it has 12 shared calendars on it.

Ideally, one could select individual calendars to display just as iCal and the zimbra web client allow. I think that's an issue for Apple.

Alternatively, zimbra could provide/honor a path to a specific calendar. That would be ideal.

Thanks