Thread: Provisioning question, iphone

Hybrid View

Default Provisioning question, iphone

I have mobile sync enabled. I deleted my iPhone, then added the account on the iPhone again, but I still have the "needs provisioning" message. Any ideas?

Does it make a difference that mobile sync was already enabled? I could disable it, and then re-enable it to see if that helps, but I don't want to disrupt any of my users.

Hi Jars99,

Can you clarify a couple of points for me please?
    What do you mean when you say "I deleted my iPhone" ? Do you mean you removed the email config from it?

Also, when you say you added the account again, do you mean you configured the email settings at the handset? If so, this is why it's not working.

What you are doing there is configuring the phone for use with an email server, you are not provisioning the phone. To do that, you need to create a provisioning profile using apples application and then sent that profile to the phone. With that done, you can use remote wipe.

Let me know if this makes no sense at all, and I'll try to explain in a lot more detail.

Default Settings in CoS or user account.

Quote Originally Posted by jars99 View Post
    I have mobile sync enabled. I deleted my iPhone, then added the account on the iPhone again, but I still have the "needs provisioning" message.
    In the class of service (or the account settings) under the "Zimbra Mobile" tab, check the "Enable Mobile Policy". As I recall we had to check "Allow partial policy enforcement" as well. Delete the iPhone from the "Mobile Devices" tab of your user preferences and then let it sync again. You should see the phone as "Provisionable", and the "Wipe Device" button should appear. You shouldn't have to change any of the active sync settings on the phone.