Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Native App for IPhone / iPad

Quote Originally Posted by fcash View Post
    Why would you need an "app" for the iPad? Just access the web client as per normal. The screen would be large enough, and JS performance fast enough in Safari.

And, with ActiveSync support, you can use the native e-mail, calendar, notes, etc apps.

Same with the iPhone/iPod Touch, although the native tools may be better than mobile Safari on these.

Considering the native interface to Zimbra is the web client, what would you consider an iPhone Zimbra "app" to be?
    Hello!
    I'm an italian user of Zimbra and sometimes I use Zimbra with an Ipad but with Safari you can only enter with html version and you can only wright an e-mail in "text way" and not in html. It's possible to fix this problem?
    Than you

Thumbs up

I'm using the CalDAV & CardDAV support on my iPad/iPhone at the moment. It seems to work pretty well. I've not exhaustively tried out features, but syncing contacts, mail & appointments over the air works superbly. Everyone in my company & now several of our customs are using our iPads this way.

A full app would be nice for tagging, zimlets etc, but it would have to be very tightly integrated though (spotlight etc) to be in use day to day for work.

Quote Originally Posted by francec View Post
    Hello!
    I'm an italian user of Zimbra and sometimes I use Zimbra with an Ipad but with Safari you can only enter with html version and you can only wright an e-mail in "text way" and not in html. It's possible to fix this problem?
    Than you
    This has been raised before and it's even the subject of a bugzilla report, although I think that's been made invisible for some reason. Here are some recent threads that discuss iPad support:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...mparision.html
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/users/4...-question.html
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...-5-report.html

Depending on whether you have NE or FOSS as your ZCS, ActiveSync and CalDAV/CardDAV are options. Aderium is another possibility.

Default Zimbra Interface for iPhone and Andriod

Though people at zimbra keep saying that you can use the web interface and no other app is required. But the fact is that the web interface on an iphone acts very funny. When it opens for the first time it only shows mails in simple text format and it does not open. I have to go the address bar a delete some syntax come upto ...zimbra/m and enter again. Only then it comes in the actual mobile format.
    The whole interface is very sluggish as it takes lot of time to open and close the mail window.
    Please help

What version of ZCS do you have? Type this into your search field in the web interface: $set:get version

Note: not in Zimbra desktop. Use a web browser to log directly into your web client.
    Last edited by ewilen; 03-29-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Thanks for responding the information is as below
    Client Version: 6.0.2_GA_1912.RHEL5_64
    Client Release: 20091020161509
    Build Date: 20091020-1627

I do agree with thomaspatko and would also like to see a full blown Zimbra App for the iPad.

- Mobile integration with the Web client is not good enough because there are many occasions where I'm not online.
    - The way iPad syncs and use Mail/Calendar/Contacts is not good enough. As an example just Accept/Tentative/Refuse an calendar invitation without being able to add some message is a real lack of functionality. And this is just an example among many others.
    - I'd like a single App which replaces all the separate Apps in the iPad for a centralized and comprehensive collaboration experience
    - Aderium: might be good, but there's no trial version to make my mind. I don't like buying the cat in a bag... sorry.

Thank you and regards