Thread: [SOLVED] iPhone/self-signed cert

Hybrid View

Default [SOLVED] iPhone/self-signed cert

Has anyone found any way to get a self-signed cert onto an iPhone that does *not* involve building a whole ecosystem around the iPhone Configuration Utility?

Would browsing to the admin console from the phone and accepting the cert do it?

I only have 5 of the things, and I have enough software ecologies to mind-meld with already thankyouverymuch...
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

I am using a self-cert and all I did was point it to https://zimbraserver and accept the cert.

I was hoping that would turn out to be a workable approach; thanks for confirming it, sir.
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

<s>Except for the part where Zimbra doesn't seem to be *listening* on 443, and I can't find a knob to turn that on...</s>

Ok, discovered zmtlsctl and set it to both, discovered that it's mailboxd you have to bounce after that and did; now I can get to zmail on port 443 from my Sprint EV-DO connection.

But the iPhone still tells me there's no server there. Any further suggestions from anyone? Could this be negative DNS caching on AT&T's network? I did have the zone wrong to start, and have since fixed that; I was told somewhere that lookupd caches this, and power cycling the phone clears it, but I suppose the network could be screwing me too, and I don't know what IP address to dig to check...
    Last edited by Baylink; 03-29-2010 at 12:22 PM.

No, it was something else; new thread going up for that, since it's a different problem.