Thread: Zimbra Appliance Basic with/o Zimbra Mobile?

Hybrid View

Talking Zimbra Appliance Basic with/o Zimbra Mobile?

Hi everyone.

Zimbra - Compare Products lists the basic Appliance with Zimbra Mobile - after doing the checkout on the site, there is a info box with following text:
    "Zimbra Collaboration Appliance - Standard Edition (Free trial license, 10 mailbox pack, no support and no Zimbra Mobile included"

so..what is right?

thx
    Last edited by stucki; 08-07-2010 at 04:22 AM.

Default well, zimbra stuff is too lazy to reply

so this project is not recommended for any real business

I've just been testing this and as per the documentation Zimbra mobile is included. The part that isn't (and I haven't tested this) is the Blackberry connector.

As to the lack of support, well this is a free product aimed at SMEs what do you expect? Do you get support when you buy a copy of MS SBE?

Personally I'm very happy with the changes to licensing. The combination of bundling Zimbra mobile in with all licenses plus the option of a quick and cheap to deploy appliance finally makes Zimbra an option in the 5-10 user category.

this is not about support - this was a presales questions.

did you read the licence?
    I gues snot....U're not allowed to use the mobile connector in the free edition.

so just a typical zimbra fake.

I believe the purchase page is misleading. Every other page says mobile is included (Zimbra - Compare Products). Purchase page needs reworded to say blackberry mobile not included.

I'm currently using a basic license to sync my phone so I can verify this is the case.

zimbra mobile IS included, but it will ONLY work 60 days, after this, the "trial" licence" ..YEs..you read right, will disable it.

just another zimbra customer fake

Personally I think you're severely uninformed and simply trolling. All the documentation says that there are two available licenses. There is a 60 days trial of the network addition and appliance. This does expire after 60 days (it is a trial after all). I assume, but have not tested, the the appliance like the network addition effectively reverts to the open source edition after this time.

The 10 user license comes with the full ZCA features, minus support, and includes mobile.

See this page for more details Zimbra - Pricing for Zimbra Collaboration Suite on-site, Zimbra Hosted, and Zimbra Mobile and this is what I will base my information on rather than someone whos entire contribution seems to be spreading FUD. What are all these supposed "zimbra customer fakes"?

Quote Originally Posted by stucki View Post
    this is not about support - this was a presales questions.

did you read the licence?
    I gues snot....U're not allowed to use the mobile connector in the free edition.

so just a typical zimbra fake.
    Hi Stucki,
    There's been a small amount of confusion here, I'd like to apologise for that.
    This forum is a community support and discussion forum, it's not a sales environment. Sometimes Zimbra employee's post here, but they are not required to do so.

Presales questions should be directed to where they will be answered, namely the Zimbra sales team, take a look at this link: contact us

I do want to comment on your mention of zimbra not being suited to real businesses, just because it amused me, have you looked at Zimbra - Partial Zimbra Customer List ? The company I work for is not on that list, but we use Zimbra and I assure you that we are a very real business

Enjoy your day.