Thread: Unable to configure outgoing IMAP Server with Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S)

Default Unable to configure outgoing IMAP Server with Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S)

Hi All,

This is a repost. I may have posted in the wrong forum the first time. I've seen a few posts which may be in this ballpark but I haven't got a definite answer on it....

I am a student at UT Dallas and we use a Zimbra IMAP server for students. My Samsung Captivate (Android 2.1 device) will not successfully setup the outgoing server for our account and complete the account creation with the native email client.

The recommended settings are

server: smtpauth.utdallas.edu
    username
    password
    Security: TLS
    Port: 587

When I use the recommended settings settings it reports a TLS error. The phone offers TLS, TLS all certs, SSL, & SSL All certs. I've tried all... none seem to work. Funny enough that an iPhone, however, with these settings, apart from the TLS setting (The iPhone only offers an SSL on/off) with SSL turned on and the port set to 587 magically works... My Outlook desktop client also works with these settings...

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Hi All,

This is a repost. I may have posted in the wrong forum the first time. I've seen a few posts which may be in this ballpark but I haven't got a definite answer on it....

I am a student at UT Dallas and we use a Zimbra IMAP server for students. My Samsung Captivate (Android 2.1 device) will not successfully setup the outgoing server for our account and complete the account creation with the native email client.

The recommended settings are

server: smtpauth.utdallas.edu
    username
    password
    Security: TLS
    Port: 587

When I use the recommended settings settings it reports a TLS error. The phone offers TLS, TLS all certs, SSL, & SSL All certs. I've tried all... none seem to work. Funny enough that an iPhone, however, with these settings, apart from the TLS setting (The iPhone only offers an SSL on/off) with SSL turned on and the port set to 587 magically works... My Outlook desktop client also works with these settings...

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi, i've the same problem with Galaxy S II.
    Error is below in the attachment.
    Did you solved this issue?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Having same problem with HTC Amaze 4G

No matter what, I cannot connect to Zimbra for outbound email using my new HTC Amaze 4G. We are running 7.1.3_GA_3346 (build 20110928134705).

Anyone else having this problem?