Thread: Zimbra + Treo + Calendar

Default Zimbra + Treo + Calendar

I am looking for a grouping + scheduling tool that I can keep all of my employees (and me) in sync both in and out of the office. In the office, we have a mix of MS Windows (all XP Pro with Office 2003), Mac (OSX with NeoOfficeJ) and Linux (mostly Ubuntu 6.0.6). We have a couple of road warriors that all have Palm Treo 650's. Up to now, we've used a hobbled together group of tools to stay in contact (IMAP mail, iCalendar calendars and Mozilla Sunbird) but it's quickly getting unmanageable. I would like to find a product that will give us what, I believe, Zimbra will give us. I have found two components that seem to be lacking though:

1) Task manager. I do see the calendar and the ability to set + track appointments do group scheduling, but I don't see anything for tracking tasks (think the 'Task' option in MS Outlook). Did I just miss that or is it lacking?
    2) Zimbra Mobile + Treo 650. It looks like the Zimbra Mobile just lets you do OTA sync for email, which is something that I can do already via IMAP (or POP3). Is there also an option for doing OTA syncs of your subscribed calendars (your calendar + any other calendars you have access to)?

Hello, welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by cybertechcafe
    1) Task manager. I do see the calendar and the ability to set + track appointments do group scheduling, but I don't see anything for tracking tasks (think the 'Task' option in MS Outlook). Did I just miss that or is it lacking?
    Lacking yet.
    Will be part of a "next release" (2007).

Quote Originally Posted by cybertechcafe
    2) Zimbra Mobile + Treo 650. It looks like the Zimbra Mobile just lets you do OTA sync for email, which is something that I can do already via IMAP (or POP3). Is there also an option for doing OTA syncs of your subscribed calendars (your calendar + any other calendars you have access to)?
    Treo 650 is not supported out of the box by Zimbra Mobile AFAIK but it could be supported through third party tools, such as RoadSync. There's already a thread in the forum about this tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Klug
    Hello, welcome to the forum.

Lacking yet.
    Will be part of a "next release" (2007).

Treo 650 is not supported out of the box by Zimbra Mobile AFAIK but it could be supported through third party tools, such as RoadSync. There's already a thread in the forum about this tool.
    The Treo 650 is on the officially supported list from Zimbra Mobile (http://www.zimbra.com/products/zimbr...vice_list.html). It does in fact have the ability to do ActiveSync using VersaMail.

Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith
    The Treo 650 is on the officially supported list from Zimbra Mobile (http://www.zimbra.com/products/zimbr...vice_list.html). It does in fact have the ability to do ActiveSync using VersaMail.
    Damn'.

I did not check the compatibility list and relied on the original message as a statement not a question.

Sorry.

Exclamation Treo 650 contacts not syncing

You are correct, the 650 is working. We have 2 working on Zimbra over-the-air. However, while email and calendar are syncing contacts are NOT. A real pain. We've looked all over to determine if settings aren't right but everything seems fine. Also no errors are occuring with sync's. Is this a bug or is the Treo 650 only supported for email and calendar?

We are thinking we may need to move to NotifyLink's push software to rectify the situation. Anyone with some thoughts?

thx

Doc

I'm having the same problem with my 700p.

The VersaMail software that comes with 650 does not support contact sync over the air. Althought 700p VersaMail does support contact sync, so I'm surprised to hear there's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    The VersaMail software that comes with 650 does not support contact sync over the air. Althought 700p VersaMail does support contact sync, so I'm surprised to hear there's a problem.
    Right, but there is a $10 update that allows you to do the full sync...well worth it for any Treo 650/Zimbra user.