Thread: Android devices no longer sync calendar after removing shared events

Default Android devices no longer sync calendar after removing shared events

I've done some research on this issue and, while I've seen somewhat similar reports, they usually seem to be a little different so I thought I would get everyone's opinion.

Current Zimbra Version: 7.1.3_GA_3346

Steps to Reproduce

1. Share your calendar with someone
    2. Have them add an event to your calendar
    3. Once the event has synced to the phone, have them remove or move the event

Your calendar will still show the old event, not remove/move it, and no longer sync your calendar. Going in to Settings -> Accounts & Sync shows a generic Unknown Server Error as the reason for the failed calendar syncs. Mail and contacts still sync without issue. This occurs in both VZA and standard ActiveSync Mail setup, and has been reproduced on an HTC Hero, HTC Thunderbolt, and a Droid Incredible.

The only way I've found that will get calendars to start syncing again is to completely delete and re-add the account.

This has become a big issue at my company because of the number of users that rely on their phone to view their calendar. I'm not sure if it will be very helpful, but I've attached a ZCS log file of the time the shared event was added and removed and when the failed syncs began. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Zimbra server upgraded to 7.1.4_GA_2568 but the bug still occurs.

Bug also reproduced on Droid Razr Maxx.

Has a support case or Bugzilla entry been created for this? Seems we're getting a lot of similar behavior here.

Matt

Default corporate sync with RAZR

I just got a Razr yesterday and returned it with a problem. Email, calendar and contacts worked great but the phone said that it has to encrypt everything. the encryption didn't' work and the SD card was inaccessible, that happened with both Razrs I had. Also when I deleted a email on my phone it would not be deleted on my web client. We also have this last issue with my partners droid 3.
    How do I avoid the encryption and solve the sync issue? We are using 01.com, zmailcloud for our host.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmga View Post
    I just got a Razr yesterday and returned it with a problem. Email, calendar and contacts worked great but the phone said that it has to encrypt everything. the encryption didn't' work and the SD card was inaccessible, that happened with both Razrs I had. Also when I deleted a email on my phone it would not be deleted on my web client. We also have this last issue with my partners droid 3.
    How do I avoid the encryption and solve the sync issue? We are using 01.com, zmailcloud for our host.
    I also ran in to that bug with the Razr Maxx. The only workaround I found was to pull the SD card. It encrypts the data and everything works fine....until you re-insert the SD card then the same issue pops up. As far as I know, this isn't an issue on the Zimbra side. Our server isn't setup to require encryption, yet the Razr still forces you to.

Default Does the SD card mount

Do you use the phone without the SD card then? The salesman said that he found a forum somewhere stating that it is a Motorola issue. I have not signed into corporate account yet, I am using touchdown for now.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmga View Post
    Do you use the phone without the SD card then? The salesman said that he found a forum somewhere stating that it is a Motorola issue. I have not signed into corporate account yet, I am using touchdown for now.
    Yes, as long as the SD card is pulled, the phone works fine. I heard this was an issue with some other Motorola phones as well.

Default Well it may be Galaxy Nexus for me

don't really want to go to the nexus, even bigger than the big razr but this functionality is too important.

You may want to open the Zimbra admin console, under the users with the Android phone account, go to Mobile policy tab and uncheck the enable Mobile policy. This fixed a number of issues for users with Android phones for us.