Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Sync Broken

Default Mobile Sync Broken

We had been running the trial version of Zimbra Network 4.0.4

We just purchased a license, and upgraded to 4.5.2. After resolving some issues created by the upgrade script, Mobile Sync doesn't work. The thing used to work... and our license should support it...

The Mobile device (Windows Mobile using ActiveSync) starts to sync the calendar, then errors out. The ActiveSync logs tells me about all the apointments that didn't Sync. Then it just says "Syncronization could not be completed. Try again later. Support code: 0x80820001"

Any ideas where to look on the Zimbra server for logs? I have no idea what part of the software does the sync functionality.

Thanks,
    -Chris

Did you do a complete resync on the device? That's required for the upgrade. Also, verify your license, 4.5 enforces mobile sync. Send this in to support@zimbra.com if a resync doesn't fix the problem.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

How is a "resync" performed?

Thanks,
    -Chris

Hi Strandc-
    Please follow this URL:
    http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit..._a_full_resync

That should help you out.

As Marc said, if that doesn't work, please contact support. We wanna make sure we get your new shiny 4.5 online and operational.

john

Tried those, and no luck. I sent an email to support.

-Chris

Default Isn't that a developer release?

Quote Originally Posted by strandtc View Post
    We had been running the trial version of Zimbra Network 4.0.4

We just purchased a license, and upgraded to 4.5.2. After resolving some issues created by the upgrade script, Mobile Sync doesn't work. The thing used to work... and our license should support it...

The Mobile device (Windows Mobile using ActiveSync) starts to sync the calendar, then errors out. The ActiveSync logs tells me about all the apointments that didn't Sync. Then it just says "Syncronization could not be completed. Try again later. Support code: 0x80820001"

Any ideas where to look on the Zimbra server for logs? I have no idea what part of the software does the sync functionality.

Thanks,
    -Chris
    4.5.1 is the latest release, 4.5.2 is the developer release...

You can find mobilesync related server log at /opt/zimbra/log/sync.log. Please see if you can find any errors in the log. If you want to file a support request, please attach this log showing the error you run into. Thanks!

I am having a simliar problem. After a complete resync, I tried looking at the sync.log. This is what I see:

2007-02-20 21:12:04,359 INFO [http-80-Processor98] [] sync - POST Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?User=user@domain.com&DeviceId=82F475014 69102745EA491AD42D9F8D0&DeviceType=PocketPC&Cmd=Fo lderSync
    2007-02-20 21:12:04,362 INFO [http-80-Processor98] [] sync - HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

I have double checked the user password and settings again and again and I can't see why authorization would not be given. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere?

Thanks!

Do you see any more transactions successful after the 401 response? If so then 401 is normal. That's how the protocol works. The client first send request without credentials. The server replies 401. Then the client resend request with credentials, which would succeed if they are correct. So you will definitely see many 401 responses, which is all OK. If you see errors on the client, they are not likely caused by 401. Do you see any other errors in the sync.log? Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

I am getting transactions after the 401 error and the sync is now working. Thanks for explaining how the protocol works!

Strange thing is that yesterday, when I posted this, the 401 error would come up, and nothing else... It was stuck. Today for some reason, it's syncing beautifully. So, my problem went away, although I am not sure what the issue was to begin with.

Anyhow, thanks!

Cheers.