Thread: Syncing Windows Mobile 5 error

Default Syncing Windows Mobile 5 error

Hi there,

We are evaluating Zimbra network edition and so far thing look really good. We need some help though syncing Win Mobile 5 devices with Zimbra.

I've setup active sync to connect to Zimbra. (and added the ssl certificate)

In the email client on the mobile device, I click on 'send/receive' and it gets all the mail perfectly.

When I try to sync the rest (calendar etc) I open ActiveSync on the devide and click 'sync'. I see 'Looking for changes'.. then.. 'Tasks 0/1'.. 'Tasks 1/1' and it then stops. View status tells me: 'ActiveSync encountered a problem on the server. Support code = 0x85010014. It does not sync the calendar items.

When I google for this error I find all kind of problems with Outlook. But I do not use Outlook. I just want to sync the mobile device with the Zimbra server. It'd be cool to have new mails and appointments synced over-the-air.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks a lot!

grtx,remi

Task sync is not yet supported in 4.5.x release. It will be in 5.0 release.

Please disable Task sync and try again. Thanks!

Smile It works!

Thanks for your help, now it works!

Default One more problem..

Syncing looked ok, but I noticed not all appointments are transferred from my PDA to Zimbra.

The device states: 'Attention Required' after syncing 150 or so appointments. Clicking on it says: Result: The following appointments failed to synchronize from the device. It then lists about 100 appointments. There is no exact error on the device. I cannot find an error in the zimbra.log either.

The device is a Windows Mobile 5 (Fujitsu Siemens). The appointments are created on the device and were never synced with Outlook or so.

New created appointments (both on the device and in Zimbra) are synced ok.

What could be wrong here?

The server does not take an appointment if the user is not the organizer. Is it important for you to have such appointments uploaded to server? Thanks!

Sorry, I don't understand exactly what you mean.

How can some appointments (older ones) be of another user than the new ones I create?

Our employees wish to keep the older appointments in their calendars. This is also required for recurring appointments that started say 6 months ago and also occur in the future.

The appointments are made on the win mobile device. Is there a way to update the user so the appointments will be transferred to Zimbra?

thanks!

Default Error "0x85010014" Syncing Tasks

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    Task sync is not yet supported in 4.5.x release. It will be in 5.0 release.

Please disable Task sync and try again. Thanks!
    I thought release 5.x was supposed to fix this. My provider uses Zimbra Network Professional Edition version 5.0.8. When is this now scheduled to be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by hika View Post
    I thought release 5.x was supposed to fix this. My provider uses Zimbra Network Professional Edition version 5.0.8. When is this now scheduled to be fixed?
    Task sync is currently scheduled for ZCS NE 6.0. This is being tracked as bug 11685.