Thread: A way to force a full resync of a PDA

Default A way to force a full resync of a PDA

Got a problem Treo 700p not syncing its calendar or contacts, although it's happy with the email (we'll not talk about it not trusting the GoDaddy certificate -- unbelievable).

Is there a way to force a user's PDA to do a full resync on its next connection from the server? Tried the known ways on the PDA itself with no success, outside of resetting the entire PDA. I know it can do it when an upgrade occurs so the functionality is in there somewhere.

For Palm device you need to *touch* the profile so that the client thinks it's a new profile. See Mobile Device Setup - ZimbraWiki

I've read that wiki page probably 10 times now.

I "touched" his profile. Resync didn't occur.

This time I removed mobile sync from him, saved it, then gave it back. We'll see if that resets it.

Darn weird b/c there are no errors in the sync log. According to the log, the PDA hasn't even requested the calender or contacts since 5:30 yesterday on our last forced resync attempt from it (unchecked the sync email, calender, contacts -- did sync -- rechecked them -- synced and PDA kind-of pulled everything down -- duplicated some calender items -- then hasn't requested anything from the calender since).