Thread: [samsung sgh-i600] Is it possible to do this???

Default [samsung sgh-i600] Is it possible to do this???

Hi there. My first post here. I'm an IT Administrator who manages a LAN based on 50 windows client pc , 3 linux servers and 1 As400 IBM . We are currently using qmail as mail server solution and until now it has worked perfectly ( POP3 protocol and a mixed situation of Outlook 2003 and Thunderbird clients).
    Recently we bought a few new smartphones as indicated in subject for our sales manager and technicians who are very often abroad. Our need is to implement a solution that keeps them synchronized when they are not "at home". I mean that they should be able to:
    1) automatically receive e-mails when a new one arrives on their server mailbox.
    2) If they delete it , it disappears also in their server's mailbox .
    3) If they add a new contact through their smartphone , this will be stored and available in our server.
    Is it possible to do all this with zcs ( my boss wants to switch to a real messaging and collaboration server) and is the samsung sgh-i600 well supported?
    Many many thanks in advance.
    Max
    Italy

Hello & welcome.

1 and 2 are easy.
    3 depends on "where" you want the contact to appear : in a "global" address book or in the user address book ?

User address book is easy.
    "global" address book is not, actually not even possible as there's no such feature available in Zimbra : if you want to have a shared address book, you need one user to share his own address book to everyone else (either his main address book or an additional one)...

User address book is easy.
    "global" address book is not, actually not even possible as there's no such feature available in Zimbra : if you want to have a shared address book, you need one user to share his own address book to everyone else (either his main address book or an additional one)...[/QUOTE]

User address book is what I'm looking for so.....no problems at all it seems ;-)
    And what about the samsung Sgh-i600 ?. Are , in general , all windows mobile2005 powered devices compatible ?
    Thanks again !
    Salut et merci.
    Max
    Italy

Actually I have not found (and nobody reported) any "not working" WM5 device.
    So I guess it's a yes 8)

Some device are working better than others, especially if you have an "operator locked" one.
    Last edited by Klug; 06-15-2007 at 06:41 AM.