Thread: Sync problem with nokia E62

Unhappy Sync problem with nokia E62

Hi,

I have a user with a Nokia E62 trying to sync with my server (4.5.4 NETWORK) and I get '401 Unauthorized' messages. Two other users sync correctly with HP iPAQs (one of them myself)

The only difference in the logs is that the Nokia tries to log in I see this in the logs (slightly obfuscated):

INFO [http-80-Processor96] [] sync - OPTIONS Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?User=mydomain.com%5Cuser&DeviceId=IMEIn umbers&DeviceType=IMEInumbers

and when the iPAQs do I see this:

INFO [http-80-Processor79] [] sync - POST Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?User=user&DeviceId=32799A62EA5DD7D3B455 844A24AA1AF5&DeviceType=PocketPC&Cmd=Ping

The difference is the domain%5C part.

Is this a known bug fixed in 4.5.5 or .6? or in a newer version of the nokia app?

One additional data point is thas we use an external LDAP server for authentication.

There are well over 200 bug fixes between 4.5.4 and 4.5.6

We always recommend that our users upgrade to the latest version for stability and security.

Where does the user get the 401? On the client? If it's in the log it's normal. Part of the authentication sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    Where does the user get the 401? On the client? If it's in the log it's normal. Part of the authentication sequence.
    The 401 is in the sync.log

The client get an eternal 'connecting' message.

Does the log show any more transactions after the 401? And is this issue persistent?

Does the log show any more transactions after the 401? And is this issue persistent?
    From that user, no more transaccions. They problem is persistent. We have never been able to sync this particular device (and its the only Nokia we have on the company, the rest use Treos or iPAQs and those all work ok)

tcpdump does show more packets get exchanged, but nothing more comes out of sync.log

If it's not over ssl, could you provide the tcpdump for this user? Thanks!

If it's not over ssl, could you provide the tcpdump for this user? Thanks!
    No need to post it. Just trying to get it was enough... Its fixed

Problem was MTU. Somewhere between my server and the GPRS connection to the phone, some brain dead admin is filtering icmp and breaking MTU discovery. I configured the interface on the zimbra server to a MTU of 1400 and enabled Clamp_MSS on the firewall (shorewall) and sync now works.

Thanks for the pointer...