5.0.1 -> 5.0.2 and life is good
Right having been up on the forums ranting about 5.0.1 I think it is only fair that I give praise where praise is due....
So upgraded from 5.0.1 and was glad to see the back of it, had Zimbra support on standby in case of problems (thanks guys) and started the upgrade (500+ users 600Gb of data)
Took an hour and give minutes for the upgrade to complete, and in case anyone is interested here is the steps I took....
- did a chattr +i /opt/zimbra/conf/ldap* to undo my changes with postfix / ssl issues
- Upgraded from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2
- Opened 587 - http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...sion-port.html
- Protected some email lists - RestrictPostfixRecipients - Zimbra :: Wiki
- Remove Y! search http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...earch-box.html
- Test external / internal emails - working
- Test protecting of mailing lists - working
- Test chat server - working
- Link to BES still working as well (now running with 6 users, will have 100 more added in the next 2 months)
All working, all good, and even better just hearing on the news that Y! have rejected the M$ bid, now if only I'd won 95m UKP on the lottery yesterday I'd be having the perfect weekend.
Good job guys, I guess 5.0.1 can be chalked down to experience, will have to check the portal now to see if there is anything interesting lined up for 5.0.3