Thread: Upgraded from 4.5.10 to 5.0.2 - No issues!

Talking Upgraded from 4.5.10 to 5.0.2 - No issues!

I attended a session of the Zimbra Administrator Training last year. The guys there advised everyone to wait a bit before upgrading to Zimbra 5. So I did. I performed the upgrade on our server over the weekend. It went perfectly. No issues or complaints from my users. Great job guys!

I wish I could say the same but after that upgrade I was no longer able change my password through the web interface. I had to re-provision zimbra to work in mix mode because the change password button would re-direct me to https://servername and that would fail. I'm still having an issue when I log into the admin console I get an error message right away on the Server status page.

Server error encountered

Message: system failure: getting database logger connection Error code: service.FAILURE Method: GetServiceStatusRequest Details:soap:Receiver

I've tried running zmfixperms just in case the upgrade changed something. I also went through a thread someone else had the same error message but it was more related to the fact they were running Suse I'm on Fedora 7.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I upgraded a test machine and found a problem with my Zimlets. Many of the Zimlets stopped working. Further, I have a problem where I can't save advanced searches and for the life of me, I can't find a way to turn off the preview mode inside conversations. Turning off preview works for the main message screens but not inside a conversation thread.