Upgrade Ubuntu 6.06 Zimbra 5.0.19 to Ubuntu 10.04 Zimbra 7.1.0
we upgraded our Zimbra from Version 5.0.19 on Ubuntu 6.06x86_64 to Version 7.1.0 on Ubuntu 10.04x86_64 on the same Hardware with inplace Upgrades as checked with support.
* Start with ZCS 5.0.19 running on Ubuntu6_64.
1) Upgrade ZCS to 6.0.12 and confirm ZCS operation.
2) Move /etc/init.d/zimbra aside to prepare for OS upgrade to Ubuntu8_64.
3) Upgrade OS to Ubuntu8_64.
4) Upgrade ZCS to 6.0.12 for the Ubuntu8_64 platform and confirm ZCS operation.
5) Move /etc/init.d/zimbra aside to prepare for OS upgrade to Ubuntu10_64.
6) Upgrade OS to Ubuntu10_64.
7) Upgrade ZCS to 6.0.12 for the Ubuntu10_64 platform and confirm ZCS operation.
8) Upgrade ZCS to 7.1.0 for Ubuntu10_64
only trouble currently exist, zmbackup cant create backups
thank you very much
1x Release 6.0.10_GA_2692.UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition.
1x Release 6.0.14_GA_2928.UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition
2x Release 7.1.3_GA_3346.UBUNTU10_64 NETWORK edition, Patch 7.1.3_P1
1x Release 8.0.2.GA.5569.UBUNTU12.64 NETWORK edition
2x Release 6.0.10_GA_2692.UBUNTU8_64 FOSS edition
2x Release 7.2.2_GA_2852.UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition
1x Release 7.1.4_GA_2555.UBUNTU10_64 FOSS
1x Release 8.0.3.GA.5664.UBUNTU12.64 FOSS edition