Thread: Thank you all

Default Thank you all

I stumbled upon Zimbra a handful of months ago while trying to find a collaboration suite. There were a few choices out there but none as easy to install in concert with as feature rich as Zimbra. Since that time, I have pushed Zimbra on anyone I know or could be interested. I have successfully installed on various linux distros now and setup servers for other people. I've even managed to convert a few exchange users as well.

This product is fantastic and I will continue to push it as much as I can. Thanks for all the great help I've received from the Zimbra staff as well.

Awesome-if you wouldn't mind (and have the time) could you post stats on a few of these setups?

Specifically:
    OS
    Hardware: CPU, RAM, RAID config
    Users: max symultaneous active users, total supported users, are they generally web client based, just via IMAP/pop, etc. Heck even break it down per mailbox server if you want!

Take care,
    -Mike

In each case, none of these were RAID setups. To circumvent data failure issues, rsync cron jobs were created to network backups.

Hardware ranges -

OS: CentOS, Fedora Core 5, Ubuntu 6.06 & 6.10, Kubuntu 6.10

CPU: Pentium D, Pentium 4 HT, AMD 64x2, AMD Athlon, Pentium III (700MHz and 1GHz)

RAM: between 1 and 4 GB of RAM (PC100 to DDR2 667)

HDD: 80 to 500GB

Users: From 1 user to 15 users

I wouldn't know the max users at one time but the 15 user box I setup they haven't complained about anything. I know they were using an outside service at a pricey $$$ and I set them up using 1 of their newer purchased machines on the Open Source edition with a huge cost of savings. They use the webmail GUI but I'm getting them to try the Zimbra Desktop. The whole thing is being done as an experiment for them but I'm sure they will stay with it. If their business expands, I would recommend an edition with support and such.