Features and tips
Here are some of the features and tips that could be useful. Some of these features only work with the device specific build, and not with Generic and BlackBerry.
- quick access buttons. from anywhere in the app, press 0 to go back to inbox. 9 to show first few lines of the message without actually opening it.
- customizable shortcuts. customize up to 10 shortcuts. e.g. #0 to tag the current message with "Important". #1 to trash the current message.
- powerful server side search. the same flexible powerful search is also available on J2ME client. saved search is especially useful on mobile clients without keyboard.
- direct input mode is not yet supported on the phones with qwerty keyboard. which means in order to type into the field, you first need to select (fire button), then start typing, then click menu -> ok.
- the host field needs http:// or https:// prefix in front of the hostname. if you are running on non-standard port, just add :nnnn at the end. e.g. http://zimbra.myhost.com:7070
both of the issues above will be addressed by upcoming builds.
I have just installed /me on a 8830. Are there features such as check for mail every x min. I have read that contacts are supposed to be there. I don't see them. Do the contacts phone numbers usable on the phone side of the 8830?
ummm, Fire? button
which is my Fire button? I've got a CU500 and for the life of me I can't find one labeled Fire? (not a FPS gamer either). ;)
I discovered that to input into a field all I had to do was start typing and a "notepad" like feature allowed input. that was fine. but, in composing a message I could not address an email at all.. nothing seemed to trigger the input mode. but I could input a subject and the text fine...
LG CU500 seems to run most J2ME apps.. this one almost works...