Thread: Palm Treo 755p and ZimbraME

Default Palm Treo 755p and ZimbraME

So since I <3 IBM Webspehere's implementation of MIDlet on Palm (read: it sucks), I decided to test out the lovely ZimbraME on Palm running Java.

It's okay but there are a bunch of things that bug me.
    1) The screen refresh is ugly. When Zimbra loads something, that little progress bar blinks on the screen without refreshing the screen which makes it look like it overlays previous screen - not sure if that's Java's fault or Midlet's fault.
    2) Same problem as with Webclient - no option to specify which account we will be sending from
    3) Menus are ugly, but that's partially Java's fault

Overall, it's okay, even though for everyday use it's not suitable, however at least I can read the body of the message unlike on the webclient there is 1/5 chance I'll read the body.

PS. I'll post how to install Java on Palm if anyone is interested. Btw installing Java adds a benefit of running best browser on earth for Palm - Opera Mini (handle with care)

Curious on how you got that far. I tried running it on my 700p but am not able to actually type anything into the fields for login.

Possibly because:
    direct input mode is not yet supported on the phones with qwerty keyboard. which means in order to type into the field, you first need to select (fire button), then start typing, then click menu -> ok.

hey could you post how to install Java on the treo 755p? thanks!