Thread: J2ME Motorola Q Root Cert

Hybrid View

Default J2ME Motorola Q Root Cert

AHhhhhhhhh ... ok I give up ... I've tried a few times and I always get the error "I/O error: certificate chain root is not a trusted Certificate Authority"

I've gotten the proper root.cer after borrowing a win machine to use the SSL chain tool, I've gone into my root certificates shown on my MotorolaQ (start->settings->security->certificates->Root) and it's in there ... but I still get the error from the J2ME client on my phone.

Does anyone have any insight??? does the app look somewhere else for the root certificate??? I know where I have it is supposed to work for active sync self signed cert stuff ... but so far no lucj with the j2ME client

switch to http or buy a root cert

File a bug also.

lol the bug I'll go with ... I have a root cert so I shouldn't have to buy one, it works and I trust the source ... ME lol I just want a damn mobile client ... one that allows me to accept SSL certs permanently would be awesome too!!!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    switch to http or buy a root cert

File a bug also.
    Well the team (justifiably) doesn't see it as a bug. Basically they say it's in the way the Java implementation handles SSL certs and root certs ... the only problem is I have no idea how to *convince* the J9 rte that I have a valid root.cer

My device is well aware of it and it is in my populated root certs ... but the j2me app and my java vm have not the clue. This sucks I really wanted to use this client. I hate the WM5 imap client and every other one I've tried also sucks.

Oh well I'll do some digging and populate the resolved non applicable bug as well as this thread if I find anything.

Just in case anyone is following this ... I tried every dev kid I could find to create a keystore I could drag a cer into ... gthe one I needed was IBM's HOWEVER ... I can't find it OR their MEKeytool so I decided to say forget it and opened port 8080 for http connectivity

I can now connect from my Motorola Q and view messages etc. I can not however scroll in a message to see the whole thing, nor can I reply, or mark a message as read ... but I can compose a new message and that works!!

*sigh* I guess my best hope is for either a WM5 native client (I hate the fact that it's a Motorola with no native Java ... damn WM5) or to find a good non bulky, non crappy iMAP client. Either way I guess I leaned a lot about the dev kits and signing (x509) apps and certs ... and how proprietary dev kids use their own NON standard methods for implementing ... standards .... my head hurts

Using instructions I found on these forums I was able to export my root cert from my Zimbra server or use with Zimbra Mobile (EAS) on my Q9c. My Zimbra mobile would not work unless I added this root cert. It was really easy using some openssl commands, that unfortunately I did not save or I would send them to you. Sorry.
    Release 6.0.2_GA_1912.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition + Mobile Option
    Activesync with Moto Q9C, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pro, & Palm Pre

Quote Originally Posted by bradb21 View Post
    Using instructions I found on these forums I was able to export my root cert from my Zimbra server or use with Zimbra Mobile (EAS) on my Q9c. My Zimbra mobile would not work unless I added this root cert. It was really easy using some openssl commands, that unfortunately I did not save or I would send them to you. Sorry.

I was able to get the root certificate on my phone with no problems at all ... the J9 java implementation I'm using however (because my Moto Q doesn't have java natively) doesn't read the locally stored certs from the accepted root ca's on the device ... hence all my headaches lol