Thread: SugarCRM Zimlet

Default SugarCRM Zimlet

I saw a post on the Sugar Forum about creating a Sugar Zimlet similar to what we have already for SFDC.

Zimbra Integration with Sugar

I think we should put our communities together and try to make it happen. I encourage those interested to either raise your hand here (and I can connect you with the right people) or post directly in the Sugar Forum.

Developers, partners, customers, or just those looking to provide moral support are welcome!

Cheers, Greg

We use SugarCRM and Zimbra internally, plus we are planning to offer implementation services for these solutions to local clients.

We have the two applications working together using existing functionality, and it seems to work reasonably well. Here's how we do it.

.: Login to Zimbra
    .: Create a folder named CRM
    .: Login to SugarCRM
    .: Go to My Account
    .: Edit your Account
    .: Scroll to the bottom and edit your settings using your Zimbra information and set the folder to CRM
    .: Click Test Settings
    .: If you'd like to leave the messages in the CRM folder within Zimbra, click the Advanced button and check the related box.

Now try it out by moving a message to the CRM folder in Zimbra. You must ensure the message is marked Unread in order for SugarCRM to see it.
    .: Go to SugarCRM and click the Get Mail button from your SugarCRM Inbox.
    .: You should see the message there now. You'll see that there's a Quick Create drop-down that allows you to convert the item to a Case, or a project Task, plus a couple other less used options.
    .: You'll see when you create a case or task, the e-mail is attached to it; so you can modify the verbiage of the case and know that you'll maintain the connection with the original e-mail.

This approach seems to work quite well. I'm sure you could trim a few seconds off the process by creating a zimlet. What other functionality did people have in mind? I do really like the idea of getting these packages better integrated.

By the way, there is a script which will integrate your SugarCRM addresses with an external LDAP database for use in the GAL of Zimbra. We instead decided to extract the data from SugarCRM and then import it into a shared Zimbra address book so that the addresses are easy to browse. If someday the GAL allows for browsing, then we'd probably use the script.

What other ideas do people have for zimlet functionality and integrating the two packages. I may be willing to either contribute programmer time or some money if the ideas are good.

cheers,

Darryl

Default Hi Which version of Zimbra has built-in Sugar..?

Hi,

I am running Zcs_RC1_5 version on FC5 linux machine.

Now everything is working fine. But when installing Sugar, it wont detect the MySQL package installed in Zimbra (It says MySQL database : Not Available).

So please tell me how to install Sugar with Zimbra's MySQL database..?

Is Sugar is already installed in ZCS_RC1_5, please telll me how to use it..? else telll me the ways to integrate them...

Thanks and Regards,
    Nandhu.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tamilnandhu View Post
    Hi,

I am running Zcs_RC1_5 version on FC5 linux machine.

Now everything is working fine. But when installing Sugar, it wont detect the MySQL package installed in Zimbra (It says MySQL database : Not Available).

So please tell me how to install Sugar with Zimbra's MySQL database..?

Is Sugar is already installed in ZCS_RC1_5, please telll me how to use it..? else telll me the ways to integrate them...

Thanks and Regards,
    Nandhu.
    Please don't post duplicates, it makes it difficult follow and respond to your threads. I've already answered this question in your other thread.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default when?

Is anyone working on this. I have been hoping to see something out by now as I figured this would be a great and much needed tool for most companies.

At home :-). In a country which has 6 national languages and a gazillion dialects.

Seems to be a dead project - started Dec '07 and nil files, not even an alpha version or definition. Maybe more luck with vTiger (a SugarCRM clone) as there appears to be demand for it on that side as well. I think the two would make quite an unbeatable combination..
    Release: 5.0.18 Commercially hosted

At home :-). In a country which has 6 national languages and a gazillion dialects.

Quote Originally Posted by pblag View Post
    we are sugarcrm proffecionals and and we can help you.
    You problem should be investigated more deeply
    Sorry guys, to me this is simply forum spam and puts you on my blacklist if I go looking for real professionals.
    Release: 5.0.18 Commercially hosted

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by cheros View Post
    Sorry guys, to me this is simply forum spam and puts you on my blacklist if I go looking for real professionals.
    Quite right, it is. You should really report the post so a moderator can deal with it. To do that just click on the Exclamation Mark symbol in any post you think needs moderation.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.